Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Buying Katana tomorrow, things to look for?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

^^^ Heck yeah dude, let's see some pics !

Welcome to KR.

Was talking to a fellow the other day, said one of his first bikes was a Katana. Also said he didn't care for it too much because it was heavy - he switched to something else and claimed it was like night and day.

My Kat is the only bike I've had, unless you count the Kawi Eliminator I rode for 2 days in the MSF training class. Frankly I couldn't love my Katana more, feels pretty responsive to me. Anyway hope you love your bike as much as the rest of us. The link posted is now gone; can you tell us some details - what year, engine size... and color? pics?
      The meaning of life is that life is meant to be lived

Comment

ok now get ur *** to lake city and lets ride bro lol
        I always saw Wile E. Coyote as some sort of Sisyphus-like protagonist: endlessly re-enacting the futility and sorrow of the human experience through failed attempts at overcoming obstacles via technological advancement. The Roadrunner is a Hades figure, endlessly tormenting him with what he wants, just out of reach in an eternal desert. Meep meep

Comment

Originally posted by prichard View Post
          Picked the bike up this morning, after going on a long test drive. Very smooth bike, I'm excited.

Glad to be back on a bike and glad to join the forum!!
          -richard
          Nice! Welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by prichard View Post
            Brakes seem strong, even though I hear bad things about katana breaks, I was actually pretty impressed. No problems.

d
            I can only speak about my kat 1100, but I have heard the same complaints. To me, the bike is too heavy and too softly sprung to drive to the point where the brakes or lack of brakes is a factor. I put on stainless steel lines, change the brake fluid every year and use organic pads (I prefer them to the metallic ceramics I used 'cuz they had better feed back) and to me they are fine.
            Get yourself some bags and enjoy some long trips, that's what these bikes like best!

Comment

Thanks guys, pics tomorrow

Comment

Working...
              X