X

New to forum / long time reader

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to forum / long time reader

HELLO EVERYONE FIRST TIME IN FORUM . I HAVE A 03 KATANA 750. I DO HAVE ON TH BIKE A YOSH SLIP-ON , 4-6 SWING ARM EXTENSIONS WITH A 92 REAR WHEEL GSXR WITH A 190 SHINKO TIRE. I JUST BOUGHT A SET OF 38MM CARBS FRON 92 GSXR TO BE PUT ON THIS SPRING. WHAT CAN I DO FOR THE CLUTCH CILINDER, I WAS TOLD I CAN USE ONE FROM 92 , 750 GSXR? IS THIS TRUE?
    LET'S GO AND RIDE

Welcome to kR! Definitely a good place to ask these kinds of questions... I'm guessing someone would be along soon enough to give an answer.

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like a nice bike. You might want to turn off your caps lock when typing in here, since that's commonly considered yelling online.
      John,
      '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
      sigpic

Comment

Assume you're asking about doing a hydraulic clutch conversion? Not sure about the post-98 bikes but for the pre's you can go with an 88-93 IIRC GSXR-1100 sprocket cover. I had to cut a custom length clutch push rod. I think it was 89mm but YMMV.
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

welcome

Comment

clutch

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
            Assume you're asking about doing a hydraulic clutch conversion? Not sure about the post-98 bikes but for the pre's you can go with an 88-93 IIRC GSXR-1100 sprocket cover. I had to cut a custom length clutch push rod. I think it was 89mm but YMMV.
            i'm looking to change the clutch drum. mine is 4 springs bolts and gsxr are 6 springs bolts

Originally posted by Psycho1 View Post
            Welcome to the forum. Sounds like a nice bike. You might want to turn off your caps lock when typing in here, since that's commonly considered yelling online.
            lol thats cool i'm just blind lol i can't see @#$.
            Last edited by jerry; 01-19-2011, 10:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
            LET'S GO AND RIDE

Comment

When looking for a new basket to fit, make sure you check the gear mounted to the basket. I went to swap in a 6 spring clutch and found that my 4 spring used a helical cut gear, 6 spring had a straight cut gear. Another problem I ran in to was the splines on the inner hub were totally different..
              Last edited by Psycho1; 01-21-2011, 02:08 PM.
              John,
              '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
              sigpic

Comment

Welcome

Comment

can you post a pic of ur bike man?? i have a 3in stretch and a 180 rear tire but i wanna go longer on the swing arm
                  I always saw Wile E. Coyote as some sort of Sisyphus-like protagonist: endlessly re-enacting the futility and sorrow of the human experience through failed attempts at overcoming obstacles via technological advancement. The Roadrunner is a Hades figure, endlessly tormenting him with what he wants, just out of reach in an eternal desert. Meep meep

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. I'm looking for more info on this if a have a solution i will let you guys know!

Originally posted by i_haz_750 View Post
                    can you post a pic of ur bike man?? i have a 3in stretch and a 180 rear tire but i wanna go longer on the swing arm
                    sure i will i'm waiting for spring it's freaking cold right know.
                    Last edited by jerry; 01-21-2011, 12:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                    LET'S GO AND RIDE

Comment

Working...
                    X