X

Need suggestion on these tires for

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need suggestion on these tires for

my '96 suzuki katana, it has the same exact dimensions and measurements for both front and rear. Just want to know if any of you guys have tried or heard of these tires. Want to hear what you guys have to say about these.

Front - http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...ront-Tire.aspx

Rear - http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...Rear-Tire.aspx

'96 Suzuki Katana GSX600F

Don't go bias ply. You can find tires in 120/70 17 and 150/70 17 for the bike that are radials. Look into the Metzeler Z6 or the Conti Road Attack.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

You'll get varied opinoins on tires here. For example, I think Dunlop and Shinko both equal rubbish. Continental Road Attack (As Steve mentioned) would also be my advice.
      ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
      チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
      Semper Fi

Comment

I tried Dunlops on my Interceptor and hated them so much I replaced them less than a quarter of the way worn. The traction was terrible. They'd slide sideways in a turn on dry pavement but it wasn't a gradual loss of grip, it was always sudden. One minute I had traction and the next it was nothing. That was on clean, dry pavement.

The tires I've seen recommended on here have been Metzler Z6 (on my 750 now, love them), Continental Road Attack, Avon Storm2 and Pirelli Demons.
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

I have contis sport and never trusted them since day one ... Im going with power pures or power one at $275 delivered from ...ridersdiscount.com

Comment

5 replys = 10 opinions but I'll throw mine in...

The tires you're looking at is what was on mine when I bought it. Horribble grip but I'm not sure how old the tire were when I got it... They could've sat in the sun for 2 years for all I know.

What kind of riding do you do?

I commute and ride twisties when it's nice and I did my research and decided on Michelin Pilot Road 2 as I've found lots of good reviews. Putting the front on made the bike new to me. My first ride on it was 21f but even then felt more confidence turning. Put the rear on about a week ago and I I have tons of confidence in the corners rain or shine.

Don't cheap out on tires! They will make or break your ride.
            95 GSX600F -- GO DUCKS -- 06 R6
            Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing -Helen Keller
            ---
            I often post mobile; Keep that in mind when I write like a 5th grader

Comment

+1 on the Pilot Road 2's. If you ride more agressively, you might want to try a Pilot Power 2ct front tire (for a little extra grip in the corners) with the Pilot Road 2 rear.
              John,
              '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
              sigpic

Comment

Yes, your bike can run 120/70 17 and 150/70 17 tires safely.

motorcycleanchor.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, motorcycleanchor.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Forums work by posting messages, not PMs.
                -Steve

sigpic
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Sweeet, thank you!

'96 Suzuki Katana GSX600F

Comment

Working...
                  X