X

Whose used LEDs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whose used LEDs?

I want to add LEDs to my pre 750, and curious on who and where you all have had good experiences with a quality product.

I am thinking of adding LED bulbs to my spedo and tach as well.

I run LED lights under the fairings of my 06 600. I bought a cheap set off of ebay for about $35.00 and have run them for 3+ years with no issues. I have indiglo gauges so I have no experience with adding LED lighting to the gauges.

Comment

Care to send me a link for the indiglo gauges? I need to replace mine one way or another.

Comment

I like the products on oznium.com. Wide selection and good prices. I've bought a couple things from them and all went well.

Comment

I bought my gauge faces on ebay as well...$40 shipped. I'm not sure if they are made for the Pre's.

Comment

I have LED's...122 of them. I have Swint, Stinger and two individual bulbs up front in the third eye light.
            ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
            チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
            Semper Fi

Comment

I run them. For some reason using them always blows my high beam fuse.
              "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

Anyone know about the laws for michigan? I havent been able to find any clear answer, such as what colors are legal, if its legal when only parked, if legal when you cant see the bulb, etc
                Green 2000 Suzuki Katana - First Bike - Project Link: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=113759

Comment

I do.

I have 2 white 36" strips on the front under the cowl.

Both Mirror blocks have a single red LED to light up the flames.

I have two blue 8" strips on both sides of the motor under the fairing.

Two red 8" under the rear fairing along with a integrated LED tail light.

I think that's all of them.
                  Attached Files
                  "Everyone's a pacifist between wars. It's like being a vegetarian between meals." -Colman McCarthy

Comment

I have LEDS under my bike

one of my biggest pet peeves is being able to see the lights themselves... all I want to see is the glow not the light source.
                    so hide them everyone

I used the Alpena flex lights. you can cut them to any length and used them at any length you need or want, if you know how to solder its pretty easy. also they are flexable and contour to any shape.
                    I got mine from walmart but pep boys and autozone sell them as well.
                    VERY bright compared to many of the motorcycle pod LED kits you buy.
                    If you really want to make your LED kit super bright and reflective, do what I did. clean the fiarings well inside and put a layer of aluminum foil duct tape in there. it made a huge difference.

I have mine behind each heel guards, under rear fender, side in the rib between the two large vents, fairings by each carb hole, and up inder the front of the bike. one strip attached to the bottom of the headlight the other in the support arm brace
                    I also have LED tower tail and signal lights and red scanner for the 3rd light above the headlight. I did have regular LEDS in the dash but they were not bright enough

Last edited by hardlydangerous; 01-09-2011, 06:19 PM.
                    98 GSX750F
                    95 Honda VT600 vlx
                    08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Did you guys run all new wires straight from battery, and add a fuse or did you run them off something else that already had power with keyswitch?
                      My Bike/Project:
                      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=114782

Comment

Mine are run from battery, with a toggle switch. There is an in-line fuse.
                        ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
                        チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
                        Semper Fi

Comment

Originally posted by Scout View Post
                          Mine are run from battery, with a toggle switch. There is an in-line fuse.
                          x2
                          "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

Yeah, probably the best way, thanks.

What size fuse for say 5 led bars??

Looks good hardly dangerous.

Do you have pics with your lights Scout??
                            My Bike/Project:
                            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=114782

Comment

Originally posted by Chris438 View Post
                              Yeah, probably the best way, thanks.

What size fuse for say 5 led bars??

Do you have pics with your lights Scout??
                              I'm not sure what size the fuse is. I had my lights done by a guy that does them for a living. He has a shop a block away from my house. Has thousands of lights in stock, etc. He did all the work.

I have pics, but they're on my wife's laptop, and she's deployed now...so I'll have to wait until spring to take more. Sorry bro.
                              ハイどーぞバカ外人!

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
                              チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
                              Semper Fi

Comment

Working...
                              X