X

just got my fp jet kit...main jet ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just got my fp jet kit...main jet ?

I have the ignition advancer and yosh slip on. Which main jet setup would you use?

I tried the search feature already.

116 is what I used on my bike I think.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Yeah I was just curious if people were sticking with the stock jets when the used the kit or if they put in the larger jets.

Comment

Originally posted by BobCarter View Post
        Yeah I was just curious if people were sticking with the stock jets when the used the kit or if they put in the larger jets.
        i just installed FP kit in my post 750. i had a poor idle and hesitation at higher rpm. i installed the 15 pilot jets, stock was 12.5. i installed 120 mains, stock was 117 i believe. now the idle is great and the hesitation is gone. only one ride of 100 miles since.runs great but mileage down. only other mod is a delkevic pipe without the center baffle. over all a great deal. i still have the 122 mains.
        never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Remember, the oem jet sizes do not correspond with factory pro or dynojet sizes.
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
            Remember, the oem jet sizes do not correspond with factory pro or dynojet sizes.
            Not totally true- dynojet has their own system of sizing, but FP uses mikuni jets, so all is good.

With main jets, you want to pick the jet that gives best wot seat of pants power. Don't worry if it runs like total $hit in the midrange, go for wot power. Once you have selected that jet, you can fart around with the needle position.
            My guess for most people is that you want to go richer as most everyone had e10 gas in their area, you need richer mains.
            On my '91 katana 1100, I found that despite living at 4,800', the jets that are spec'd for sea level gave best power. I had to lower needle to get rid of mid range bogginess/richness, but so goes. I tried the one size smaller mj and it flat ran like crap. Don't be afraid to experiment.

Comment

115's on my 600
              1996 Katana 600. D&D Custom Paint Job, Vance and Hines Full System, factory pro jet kit.

Comment

pre and post don't use the same jetting size either.
                -Steve

sigpic
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

so on my stock 06 600 what size are my mains currently? Are all 4 currently the same? I noticed the kit has you using different jets on the inner and outer carbs.

Comment

check the wiki for a service manual. info should be there.
                    never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Working...
                    X