X

new to the forum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to the forum

hey all, ive had a couple crotch rockets (cbr600 and fzr600) back in the mid 90's. as i got older and moving on i go rid of them before i killed myself. about last summer the bug bit me again. id like to think im out of the daredevil stage of my life and read that katanas are a good mix between sporty and ride comfort.
    i went and bought a 1991 600 kat. she needs some tlc for sure. tank has a nice dent, and a few little things like a little cleaning, some paint, headlight and signal switches, a battery, handgrips.
    everything felt good and solid, didnt notice any play in anything, has fresh rubber on it. 24000 miles. dont know if that is high or not. only paid 400 bucks for the beast. i thought it was a decent buy. unfortunatly i couldnt ride it since its about 20 degrees and a foot of snow on the ground. the battery was dead and the guy had no way of starting it but gave me his word that it starts and runs fine. he seemed pretty trustworthy plus i now know where he lives! hope i dont get burned!!! i have several ideas for this bike and i am sure i will be asking the pro's on this board from time to time. cant wait till spring!!
    "Racing has a way of sneaking up on you. It starts out as a hobby, then becomes a passion, then ultimately is a master, owning all your possesions. If you're lucky, you'll keep your soul, and that's about all" *Brad Doty"

Welcome to KR! Good luck with the bike, and with only paying $400 for it, well, you cant get burned too terribly bad.
    It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

welcome. my Kat is a 98 750 and plenty comfy.
      never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

yeah thats what i thought. i could get my $400 back pretty easy i would think. i like wintertime projects so we will see how it plays out. only spending 400 REALLY kept the "drill sgt" off my back.....
        Last edited by frank_the_tank; 12-28-2010, 07:10 PM.
        "Racing has a way of sneaking up on you. It starts out as a hobby, then becomes a passion, then ultimately is a master, owning all your possesions. If you're lucky, you'll keep your soul, and that's about all" *Brad Doty"

Comment

welcome. glad to see you fixing up a worthwhile bike.

Comment

Welcome from texas.
            Tejasandre

Comment

Welcome to KR! Like Sasquatch said, hard to go wrong for $400. If you need parts check out the Parts For Sale part of the forum but you need 50 posts before you can post there so get busy!

disclaimer: This is a bit of self-promotion since I just posted a bunch of parts for sale.
              Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Welcome!
                sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
                1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
                2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
                First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
                Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Welcome to KR!

Comment

boy do i have some work ahead of me. got this bike home today and took a brief look into things. the previous owner has the wiring butcherd. splices galore. i notice when i twist the throttle there is a "click". not sure what that could be. he claims he had it running after he cleaned the carbs but that click in the carbs cant be right. i think my first step in this job is to find a service manual for it or atleast a wiring diagram. there is a wire running direct from the pos terminal on the battery up to a red wire hanging out of the starter button switch. im guessing this was how he started it?? i touched them together and it sparked but i quickly got them apart, dont want to chance frying something important or expensive.

Comment

Welcome! You're at the right place...
                      95 GSX600F -- GO DUCKS -- 06 R6
                      Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing -Helen Keller
                      ---
                      I often post mobile; Keep that in mind when I write like a 5th grader

Comment

Welcome to KR
                        THE DOC
                        RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
                        Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
                        mistake when you make it again.
                        sigpic

Comment

Welcome, sounds like a good project!

Comment

your user name makes me happy =)

welcome to the boards!
                            the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
                            # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
                            [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Comment

Originally posted by kat_kitten View Post
                              your user name makes me happy =)

welcome to the boards!

thank you, glad to make you happy. finally found a free service manual and got it downloaded. its gonna be interesting..........

Comment

Working...
                              X