Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Dealer almost killed me today. Literally!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree... at a minimum, have them put a new rear tire on it for coating your old one in oil. Make sure that all the oil that splashed up onto your seat, undertail, fairings... etc is gone.
    Whats up KatRiders!

Comment

well thats great if a shop would do that most would rip you off and just rush a job

I would want a new tire and new brake pads for the rear at the very least.
      A customer of mine had a leak on an 07 GS550 (stator cover gasket installed incorrectly from the factory) and was blowing oil all over once it got worse. After washing his tire and brake pads with Castrol superclean and brake cleaner, we decided it was best to just replace both. no amount of washing could get rid of the oil on the tire. the brakes looked ok but who would risk it?
      98 GSX750F
      95 Honda VT600 vlx
      08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Thanks for reminding me why i do all my car and bike repairs. At least they put oil back in. I went to Jiffy Lube once because i was in a hurry and they forgot to put oil back in. i made it less than a couple hundred feet before i turned around. Never again will a moron touch something my life depends on.

Glad you lived. Check the oil filter to see if the old o-ring was still in there. If not, was the drain plug loose? sorry, didn't read to the end.

Comment

This is the kinda stuff why I will never take anything anywhere. I have had nothing but problems with other people working on my stuff. They loose things, don't fix things, and just never seem to get it right no matter how many times you go there.
          1996 Katana 600. D&D Custom Paint Job, Vance and Hines Full System, factory pro jet kit.

Comment

They delivered the bike last night. It was detailed and ran good. Manager would not say what the repercussions were for the guy who did this but that he has been dealt with and the process in the entire shop has been modified to prevent this from happening in the future. I told the manager I would give him a week on the tire, that if it slipped at all they will have to replace it. For the first couple of days I will treat it like it's brand new. The tire is only a couple of months old anyway. I did get a gift card out of it though. It felt good on the way to work, but I took it easy on the turns. Will press a little harder each time.

Comment

Some important parts are held on with one bolt or screw .. having a incompetant person dicking with your bike can be deadly .

Comment

thats why im changing out my oil pan by myself and having a buddy help out. i did all my car work myself too. can trust those guys
                '01 600 Kat w/ Vance and Hines Pipe

Comment

Working...
                X