Hang on to your Kats

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hang on to your Kats

Katana made a best used bikes list.
    Please recheck the URL for the proper spelling. Or use our search box at the top of this page to find what you're looking for.
    Tejasandre

Dang! They had to go and tell folks!
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Lol...don't expect resale values to go up...
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I was told they made the best and the worst bike lists of the 90's. Dont know if that is true or not though.
        Originally posted by arsenic
        93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Originally posted by HemiKat View Post
          I was told they made the best and the worst bike lists of the 90's. Dont know if that is true or not though.
          They did, the worst was a sportbike list though so its kindof understandable

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

No lie it was an article like this that made me decide to get a Kat to upgrade from my first GS450

Comment

umm, you should mention that it is the 1100 model that made the list....not the 600 or 750's. two totally different bikes and you can not assume that the 600-750 is included because ....well....it isn't.

with that said....nice to see my 1100 made the list :
              I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

The only Kat on the list is the 1100 and I unlike the writer, I love the way it looks, have since I first saw one back '88.
                i think this bike is classic as it is the first bike to have an electric windshield (now becoming common place) and was the most modern, last produced non water cooled inline four sport tourer.
                Even after I get a C14, I'll keep the big kitty around, nothing like the sound of an air cooled, non-epa compliant inline 1100cc four!

Comment

The B12 made the list as well..... I'm glad to see the liter+ oil-boilers getting some recognition. How many other 25 year old engines can still get that kind of recognition today? :
                  Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by DClark View Post
                    ...I unlike the writer, I love the way it looks, have since I first saw one back '88...
                    Same here except it was spring of '89. Saw one in the dealer on Colfax Ave. in Denver and thought it was one cool bike! Way out of my price range then as I was bringing home $4800/year and the dealer's test-ride policy was that every bike came with a one hour, 100% satisfaction policy starting the minute the bike was paid for. I'm trying to work with Mogg right now to take a look at his bike. That whole "working for a living" thing keeps getting in the way though. Who knows, if we ever manage to get the schedules to gibe and the ergos fit me, I might have a big kitty of my own!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

too bad 750 wasn't a part of this
                      1993 GSX750 Katana

Comment

You guys are too old...

Comment

Not according to my wife. She says I'm a big kid!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
                            Not according to my wife. She says I'm a big kid!

then hang onto her if she is ok with that. my "inner child" usually screws up my relationships. ;lol:

Originally posted by DClark View Post
                            The only Kat on the list is the 1100 and I unlike the writer, I love the way it looks, have since I first saw one back '88.
                            I never even laid eyes on an 1100 before 93. I was shopping for a new bike when I stumbled onto a red/burgundy 92. it was love at first site. as soon as I straddled it, I knew it would be mine.

my "temporary" bikes aside...the ones I collect or test out before selling....I have owned nothing but the 1100 since 93. owned the 93 as well...exact same as in the write up. only one I never owned was a 91. still have one, and will keep it. no real desire or need to own anything else. the 1100 has proven to be perfect for me. why mess with perfection
                            Last edited by Mojoe; 10-27-2010, 01:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                            I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Love the purple on the '93, believe it or not, my local dealer had a brand new '93 for sale back in '98, unfortunately, I didn't have the cash to make an offer.
                              The article didn't mention that the Kat 1100 is:
                              1) Easy to maintain
                              2) Can put on lots of miles
                              3) Is free of major defects (like bad cams, receding valves, etc)

Comment

Working...
                              X