No announcement yet.
X

What is this switch on my 96 katana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I do like to accelerate fast.hopefully my bike isn't permanently damaged though it runs fine other than redlining too quick

Comment

Clutch?
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Katan96 View Post
        Well I don't understand what is happening. I know I was in first when I did 80 and it had room to spare, now it struggles to get past 40. It used to accelerate slowly and at 40 Id be around 6k then it really kicked in and you could feel the forks lift as you fly to redline at 80-85 now it just accelerates normAlly no hard pull at midrange
        Either you were actually in second or third gear when that happened, or your bike is geared WAY taller than it came stock.

With stock gearing I believe redline in first was around 60mph on my 750. The 600's will be lower (I don't know which you have). Unless your bike is geared much taller than stock, you were in second or third when you tried before.
        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Working...
        X