X

Finally Rode the dang thang!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally Rode the dang thang!!!

I've only been riding for a little over a month, and its just been back and forth to work. I hadn't really rode her for about 3wks because my dumb butt couldn't figure out that the fuses were pretty much all bad, and that's why my control panel went on the blip. I started riding to work again this week, and yesterday I got on the interstate for the first time...four different ones at that!
    All I can say is O.M.G.!!! Why didn't anyone tell me that it would feel this great. I went to a track night in Dinwiddie County. I was suppose to meet up with two bikes from Hampton, but they went to the wrong exit. I thought they left me so I took off anyhow. So pretty much for an hour I just drove not knowing exactly where I was going. I got back in touch with them after I stopped at a gas station, and got back on track.
    When they said a track night. I just figured some people fooling around on their bikes seeing how fast they could go. It had to be about 400plus bikes out there. Plus you had car racing too! I don't know why I didn't do this sooner. I love my Kat soo much! People are right on here that say folks are just attracted to the look of her...they're right. I don't know how many folks came up to me and started convo just off of her. It is truly something about Katana, lol.
    I'm sure that me being a female, helps the interest along also. I actually rode back with the two bikes afterwards, and my goodness it felt so great. They knew I was a beginner so I think they took it real easy on me. One stayed in front and the other behind me, and they didn't go faster then 80-90 for the most part. But I got her to 100 easy with no issues at all. I think I'm about to invest in a better helmet to help with wind issues, but other then that....the ride was perfect. I'm sore as heck from not being used to riding for that long, but it was worth it.
    I'm hooked. I couldn't imagine another bike as my first. I love my Katana!!!

its great to be able to ride around all day for $10 in fuel
    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

It sure is, lol

Comment

Sounds like you had a great day and hopefully everyday you ride is exciting and accident free.
        1995 Suzuki Katana 750 (Undergoing changes)
        1982 Honda GL500 Silverwing(Sold)
        Project Death Machine (Custom built reverse trike by me)

Comment

Welcome to KR! throw some pics of the bike in.
          "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
          1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
          2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

try wearing ear plugs when you ride. it will help your concentration as well. i wear mine almost every time. [that's because i forget] yes it helps start a conversation the fact that you're female. gives the guys an opening line. ride safely.
            never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Working...
            X