No announcement yet.
X

Helmets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the Shoei RF-1000 too , Im happy with it. they are called XR-1000 over here
    2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

I've got a Shoei RF-1000 (XR-1000) too, and I love it. I haven't ridden with many, but I tried just about every helmet available for fit before leaving the shop.

I find the Shoei a little loud, but I don't have a lot of experience riding with other helmets. The only other one I've ridden with was a shop-special $100 spare. Not much different for noise, except the fit and fittings on the shoei made all the difference. Everything from the visor hinges and seating to vent operation, strap placement and wind-buffeting was just better. The Shoei was heaps more comfortable--I could wear it all day and not feel pressure points or any downside.

Try every helmet in the shops and get the one that fits your head best. Comfort will make a huge difference in how you ride and how long you can do so comfortably. Just my $0.02--good luck!
      High-velocity Geek

'06 GSX750F

Comment

Like I said, I love my Shoei and when you consider how long a helmet lasts provided you take good care of it, the cost isn't bad. That said, however if you can't pony up the bucks then the HJCs, Nolans and other less prestigious brands are perfectly valid options. Be sure you try on the actual helmet you're buying though. The quality control on the liners isn't perfect so while the one on the shelf may fit perfectly, the exact same model and size from the back may not fit quite right. Same thing applies to all the less expensive helmets. When you try on a helmet, watch (feel) for any pressure points. For instance, most HJCs produce a pressure point at the ridge of my skull and across the top of my forehead. A couple hours of that and I'd have a killer headache! Shoei fits me great, though so I'm willing to pay the bucks.
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

I have a cheaper Vega helmet. I'm happy with the fit but it's not quiet on the highway.

Comment

Working...
          X