• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mopar-Man View Post
    It's lean.
    rookie translation puh-lease?

"You can pour syrup on sh*t, but that doesn't make it pancakes"

Comment

I havn't done a search on this but it may very well be a common problem.
      I bought my 2006 Kat 600 brand new in '08, kept it maintained per manufacturers recommended schedule and it does the same thing. Maybe not as badly as you described but it does get on my nerve sometimes.
      I would describe my problem, which got worse with the addition of the slip-on, as more of a " dead spot " just past idle when I slowly roll on the gas. Its more pronounced when the bike is cold but its always there. My problem only bothers me when Im riding real slow but in normal riding I throttle right past the dead spot so it goes unnoticed.
      I did mention it in a post some time ago and one of the premiere "experts" (God rest his soul) Cyber Poet said the problem could be a vacuum leak.
      I just learned to live with the problem. Now that my extended warranty is up, Im considering a carb jet kit and ignition advancer. Hopefully this will solve the problem and give me a little better throttle response overall.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackKat17 View Post
        I havn't done a search on this but it may very well be a common problem.
        I bought my 2006 Kat 600 brand new in '08, kept it maintained per manufacturers recommended schedule and it does the same thing. Maybe not as badly as you described but it does get on my nerve sometimes.
        I would describe my problem, which got worse with the addition of the slip-on, as more of a " dead spot " just past idle when I slowly roll on the gas. Its more pronounced when the bike is cold but its always there. My problem only bothers me when Im riding real slow but in normal riding I throttle right past the dead spot so it goes unnoticed.
        I did mention it in a post some time ago and one of the premiere "experts" (God rest his soul) Cyber Poet said the problem could be a vacuum leak.
        I just learned to live with the problem. Now that my extended warranty is up, Im considering a carb jet kit and ignition advancer. Hopefully this will solve the problem and give me a little better throttle response overall.

Vacuum leak? Sounds expensive. I also find it hard to fathom that this problem is so pervasive on a bike with a "rock solid" motor

I did search this originally, but didn't know enough to narrow it down to a keyword. Hopefully, this thread will evolve into a solution thread and then become useful in a search.

Comment

There was a recent discussion about ethanol gumming up somebody's carbs... can't remember who.

They used marine fuel stabilizer to help clean the gunk...
          2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
          2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
          1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
          1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
          1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

Make sure there's no rust in your tank/carb/fuel system. The jets are tiny, doesn't take much to plug them and it could quickly get worse.
            There are many, many, wonderful posts on rust in the tanks/carbs/etc. The thread search will be your friend.

Comment

Anyone use B12 Chem tool for this type of problem?

Comment

I took took my carbs to get an ultra sonic cleaning. put them back on and no more hesitation.

youtube ultra sonic cleaning. its amazing
                2000 Katana 600

Comment

She's been sitting for a few days because of the rain storms we had here, but I took her out today, started her normal with the choke and let her warm up a bit before rolling out. No hesitation at all today. Haven't run the seafoam through her yet either. Seems to be Intermittent at this point. Or a function of how it is started?
                  sigpic

Ride the twisties!

2000 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

Look in your tank. If there's stuff floating around in there it's in your carbs too.
                    Tejasandre

Comment

I took a look inside my tank, didn't see anything floating around. It's actually surprisingly clean. I was expecting to find a complete mess.
                      sigpic

Ride the twisties!

2000 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

Getting into this discusion a little late but I had problems on my pre 750
                        that matched yours. I sync'd the carbs and it did the trick.
                        Bought a pro-motion carb sync tool and it was easy, most time consuming thing was removing the fairings and tank.

Used to have a home built sync tool, but I really like the size and ease of use of the pro-motion unit.

Good luck Richard
                        96 Suzuki GSX750F
                        89 Suzuki GSX600F Project
                        05 Yamaha WR450F
                        05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

Comment

problem wentway. maybe i had some **** in the gas tank, ****ty gas

Comment

Turns out that a spider decided to build a nest in the vent tube between the number 3 and number 4 crabs. Effectively blocking it and causing the bike to sometimes run on just two cylinders. Damn spiders. cleaned it all out, put it back together. Good to go.
                            sigpic

Ride the twisties!

2000 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by EEEMB View Post
                              Turns out that a spider decided to build a nest in the vent tube between the number 3 and number 4 crabs.
                              Did the spiders and the crabs get along? They are cousins biologically speaking.

Comment

Haha I did write crabs by mistake. And no, their fighting made a big mess in my carbs. No but seriously, runs great now. i dont think it ever ran this well. Usually those tubes dont get clogged on streetbikes. Usually dirtbikes have that problem.
                                sigpic

Ride the twisties!

2000 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

Working...
                                X