X

Katana shut off when breaking

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katana shut off when breaking

Just had bike serviced and Fairing were removed a few weeks ago. Now when i hit the front brakes and it dips it shuts off. I put the front tires on blocks and when I press down on the front end it shuts off, when I lean it to the left or right it shuts off, any suggestions?

float height?? maybe someone that has more knowledge of this will chime in......
    time to nut up or shut up
    Originally posted by Rican Katgrl
    The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

Comment

Kickstand safety switch is your problem.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

oh didnt even think of that. just bypass it
        time to nut up or shut up
        Originally posted by Rican Katgrl
        The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by 1990gsx 600 View Post
          oh didnt even think of that. just bypass it
          Figure the bike dives pushing the stand off the switch due to weak springs, same with any side to side motion
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

yah dude, kickstand switch, pesky things
            2000 Katana 600

Comment

Agreed about the stand. Probably knocked it loose
              Currently in the driveway:

02 Ducati 748 Monoposto: Yellow & White
              99 Suzuki Katana 600: Red (Sold to brother but holding at the house)

Comment

thanks for the directions to look in. I found that the problem was a stuck float in the carbuerator

Comment

Originally posted by Jayve78 View Post
                  thanks for the directions to look in. I found that the problem was a stuck float in the carbuerator
                  you still might want to bypass the stand switch. mine would cut off as i approached redline. 1 scotch lok later no more problem.
                  never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Thanks everyone. I had a stuck float in the third carb. All fixed!

Comment

Working...
                    X