X

any carb experts around atlanta area?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any carb experts around atlanta area?

I'll be the frst to admit Im not the handiest person, so I'm looking for someone who is. I've never taken the carbs apart on my bike and I want to see if there is a jet kit installed, and if not, install one and balance out the carbs.
    I have an aftermarket exhaust, and the guy I bought the bike from dind't have a clue what all was done to it, since he only had it a couple of months.
    I suspect it does not have a jet kit due to excess vibrations around 6-7k in each gear, or they need to be tuned pretty badly.

Anyone around atlanta area who could help will be greatly appreciated.
    ROLL TIDE!

Originally posted by abailey362 View Post
    I'll be the frst to admit Im not the handiest person, so I'm looking for someone who is. I've never taken the carbs apart on my bike and I want to see if there is a jet kit installed, and if not, install one and balance out the carbs.
    I have an aftermarket exhaust, and the guy I bought the bike from dind't have a clue what all was done to it, since he only had it a couple of months.
    I suspect it does not have a jet kit due to excess vibrations around 6-7k in each gear, or they need to be tuned pretty badly.

Anyone around atlanta area who could help will be greatly appreciated.
    3 hours away (one way), but your welcome to ride up one day...

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I just looked and from where I live (west of atlanta) it is 4.5 to 5 hrs depending on which route, according to google. Hopefully someone a little closer will chime in, but I do appreciate the offer
      ROLL TIDE!

Comment

Originally posted by abailey362 View Post
        I just looked and from where I live (west of atlanta) it is 4.5 to 5 hrs depending on which route, according to google. Hopefully someone a little closer will chime in, but I do appreciate the offer

The first suggested route would be some nice riding though...

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
        X