X

New Katana owner - need help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Katana owner - need help

I am sure that this is on this forum somewhere, but the links I find on it are all dead.

I just purchased a 2000 katana 600 and being in my forties, want to raise the stock handlebar height a bit. I read that you can buy risers that raise them an inch or so (Katanaoutlet.com) Does anyone have any experience with these? Do they mess up the handling of the bike? Are the other products or mods that I can do?

Thanks a bunch

You could buy the toptriple from a 750 and mount them. I think the 750's are about an inch higher than the 600's.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

a 750 is two pieces upper triple then handle bar bracket on top as seen in flebay
      the rubber isolaters in between are like $20 each X 8
      I would go with the 600 risers IMHO
      I have a 750 that needs the rubbers replaced
      Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

If you havent already you may want to try search function for that product and youll see a bunch on the topic and what people think of them, also in my vendor marketplace i have review section for some of my products.

Thanks
        www.scrmotorcycles.com www.katanaOutlet.com
        Katana Frame Sliders
        The only fully tested and proven Katana sliders Rear sliders, 520 conversion, gas caps and more.
        98+ Slider are "CyberPoet Endorsed" R.I.P.
        I couldn't have done this without you.

Comment

hrm....can you space out the 750's any more?
          ROLL TIDE!

Comment

welcome
            never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Originally posted by abailey362 View Post
              hrm....can you space out the 750's any more?
              I am sure with longer bolts and some type of spacer within reason
              A guy I work with that worked in a bike shop told me to ditch the rubbers and replace with stainless washers however that would add vibration to the bars
              Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by rexazz2 View Post
                I am sure with longer bolts and some type of spacer within reason
                A guy I work with that worked in a bike shop told me to ditch the rubbers and replace with stainless washers however that would add vibration to the bars
                I wanted to raise my 2006 750 handlebars. Took the plung and bought some Hayabusa ones on EBAY that raise the bar about an inch. Figured for 19 bucks and some change, including shipping, I'd give it a try.

No need to change on hoses or lines. Front Brake hose kind of tight, but held. Did a short ride, the slight 1 inch raise feels much better to me.
                Attached Files
                Karl Hyzer

2006 Suzuki Katana

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X