X

Leaving the Katana Family

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaving the Katana Family

Worked out a deal on the 02 Ducati 748 which sadly included my Katana. waiting for a headlight bulb from Ducati and then I can pick it up.
    Currently in the driveway:

02 Ducati 748 Monoposto: Yellow & White
    99 Suzuki Katana 600: Red (Sold to brother but holding at the house)

Ducati , make sure you post up pics when you get her!!.
    Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by Apathy View Post
      Worked out a deal on the 02 Ducati 748 which sadly included my Katana. waiting for a headlight bulb from Ducati and then I can pick it up.

Meh...

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I have to say, I've been really thinking about a 996 or a 998 myself lately. There is also an 2000.5 Aprilia Mille R model that's been for sale around my parts for a while that I KNOW I could pick up for $3500 (definitely a steal considering the fact it's got a full Ohlins suspension, low miles, and lots of other goodies). Ah, the lure of the v-twin sound...congrats on your purchase!

Comment

I think the sound of the dual exhaust is what finally sold me.

Comment

ya post some pics when ya get it ! good luck with it !
            • i see you 2006 katana 600!!!! R.I.P. CP

Comment

I also hold dual pipes in high regard, then my gloves get too hot and I have to set them down.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

they do sound sweet. i'm too old and gimped to ride them.
                never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

I love the 748.... probably even more than the 848, but it's close. Pictures are going to be a requirement here as soon as you pick it up. You have fine taste my friend, fine taste....
                  Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

good luck with the duc
                    ROLL TIDE!

Comment

Great news! The Katana is staying in the family. Sold to my brother instead of trading.

Comment

Just two more days hopefully. Just found out they're replacing the headlight and the rear tire, and also ordering some fairing hardware. Fingers crossed that the bike will be ready for a Wednesday pickup.

The kat is going to have to share some driveway space for a while until my brother brings her home.

Comment

Once a Katrider.....always a Katrider..... regardless what you ride. There are certain things in life you don't forget....your first kiss..... your first..... well....you know what I mean.
                          sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                          ------------------------------------------
                          89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                          96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Yep, I'm glad the Kat is staying in the family. My brother is scheduled for knee surgery towards the end of summer so I'll take the Kat out a few times for him while he is laid up to keep the cob webs out of it.

Comment

Feel free to hand around. Just because you don't have the Kat anymore doesn't mean you have to leave the family.

Comment

Working...
                              X