i <3 pain

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i <3 pain

lets hear about some wrecks or other "oh $hit" moments

i cased a jump and nose dived on a yzf 450 its ok cuz my face broke my fall lol

and last night locked the wheels down on my kat when a heard of dear crossed thre road... brakes work
    Last edited by roadblock409; 06-16-2010, 03:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    sigpic "never ride without all the proper gear"

Plowed a field with my old CZ 175 going wide in a turn at about 90kmph(60mph), damn side-stand caught the pavement and i continued straight over the 1m(3ft) deep ditch and proceeded to bury most of the front end in the mud

Also lowsided the Kat about a month after i got it, thankfully i'd already found KR by then, so got lots of good info on fixing the damage.
    Not to mention quite a few tips on how to drive a MC properly
    Last edited by Lagmo; 06-16-2010, 04:22 PM.
    -= Har du styr på lortet, eller lort på styret? =-

Comment

Originally posted by roadblock409 View Post
      lets hear about some wrecks or other "oh $hit" moments

i cased a jump and nose dived on a yzf 450 its ok cuz my face broke my fall lol

and last night locked the wheels down on my kat when a heard of dear crossed thre road... brakes work
      On Monday I was driving a 3/4 ton pickup, towing a car hauler trailer with a 2 ton piece of metal on it in the right lane of a two lane north bound highway. Speed limit on California highways is 65, or 55 for vehicles with trailers. I was going about 58 mph when a semi decided to (slowly) pass me. Here comes an R6 going about 80-90 and slides right in between us. What is wrong with these people?

Comment

I rode in the dirt in my childhood, so I couldn't begin to tally all the minor get offs from then.

When I was 15 1/2, I highsided a GSXR750 in the rain. Broke the right clipon, trashed the right fairings and ripped my windbreaker (wow I was cool ). I was sore for a few days, but nothing major. I had to ride the bike home holding the right clipon in my hand and pushing the switch pod with my thumb so I could control the throttle.

I dumped my first kat in a parking lot, going no more than 20mph, when I hit some gravel while braking. It slid out so fast I didn't know what happened, just that I was now on the ground along with the bike. Shredded my jeans and a little of my leg underneath, and broke the brake lever off.

I flipped a Honda Pop 100 over in Buzios, Brasil a couple of years ago.

I know I've had a couple more that I'm not remembering at the moment, but nothing really exciting.
        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
          I rode in the dirt in my childhood, so I couldn't begin to tally all the minor get offs from then.

When I was 15 1/2, I highsided a GSXR750 in the rain. Broke the right clipon, trashed the right fairings and ripped my windbreaker (wow I was cool ). I was sore for a few days, but nothing major. I had to ride the bike home holding the right clipon in my hand and pushing the switch pod with my thumb so I could control the throttle.

I dumped my first kat in a parking lot, going no more than 20mph, when I hit some gravel while braking. It slid out so fast I didn't know what happened, just that I was now on the ground along with the bike. Shredded my jeans and a little of my leg underneath, and broke the brake lever off.

I flipped a Honda Pop 100 over in Buzios, Brasil a couple of years ago.

I know I've had a couple more that I'm not remembering at the moment, but nothing really exciting.

At what point did you start to suspect that your life is meant to be a warning for others?
          sigpic

Signature was getting too long, check my garage for list of mods.

Comment

At my moutain house i took my CR125 around one trail before i had to park it for the night and not thinking nothing, I wasnt wearing a helment and my throttle got stuck hit a bump in the trail and slammed into a tree face first a tree branch went through my lower lip 20 stitchs on the out side and 8 on the in side on my mouth lesson learned saftey first

Comment

well i was about nine i was riding a honda 75 i was going around a long sweeping turn when all of a sudden one of my freinds decided to pass me so me being who i am i nailed the gas and i sure passed him but i payed for it as i hit fist sized rock with my rear tire and i slide for probably 50 feet(it was gravel) so yeah i had an elbow that was nearly torn off. and good thing i was wearing a helmet cause i prolly would have died didnt really screw the bike up so....
              time to nut up or shut up
              Originally posted by Rican Katgrl
              The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

Comment

i jumped my raptor on a 40' double before i had my preload dialed in and when i landed it bottomed out(really hard), my helmet smacked the handle bar cross over and lets jus say it was bad news bears for my man parts....
                Last edited by roadblock409; 06-17-2010, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Actually he didn't survive
                  Philippians 4:13 - "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."

Comment

Ouch!!
                    Currently in the driveway:

02 Ducati 748 Monoposto: Yellow & White
                    99 Suzuki Katana 600: Red (Sold to brother but holding at the house)

Comment

I highly doubt he felt anything tho

Comment

Got sideswiped by a camry last summer. By the time I got up, and got the bike up on the kickstand (and realized I was stranded because my clutch lever was broken off), the camry was looooooooong gone.

Comment

dropped my kat back in march doing 70.....rolled and slid about 30 ft and ended up in a ditch. tons of road rash and hurt pride
                          sigpic2006 KAT 750

"Ever wonder how some people have made it as far in life as they have?"

Comment

i would assume that dropping ur bike at high speed is similer to the feeling you get when you reilized you leaned ur chair back too far...

Comment

Originally posted by Ulshy55 View Post
                              Sad. post respectfully deleted. Seemed hard to believe that one would survive that.

Back to the thread...just passed my test and left the license bureau...merging onto a major autoroute...a lady driving a minivan ahead of me also merging but one lane over to the right...i let up to allow her in...but she continues to brake and coming over towards me...i locked up my rear brake (drum brake on a CB750S)...as a newb...a major pucker moment.
                              Last edited by chrisx2; 06-17-2010, 09:18 PM.
                              2004 GSX750F

Comment

Working...
                              X