No announcement yet.
X

Convincing friend to buy a Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

get a clean older bike or something light to start .. when she drops a kat or a heavy bike off the stand she will be in trouble getting it up and a cheap bike wont hurt the purse as bad till she gets miles under her belt ... alot of older bikes out there that are cheap and clean .kats are 465 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by abailey362 View Post
      i am a guy and 6'1 and my first was a gs500. it's a bit small and I dind't kep it long but it was a great bike to learn on...and they're cheap
      x2, But I'm 6'3".
      I had a 92 GS500 as a first bike and it was a great bike for starting out on. I would def. recommend it to anybody under 5'9" (like somebody previously mentioned) for a first bike; I was way too big for it. I also bought mine really cheap (1k) and I did that because I didn't want something nicer to learn the ways of Motorcyle ownership on. It has a decent amount of power (not overwhelming), great sound, and great maneuverability. The newer ones (04+) have a full fairing on them so they don't look half bad, but have the same reliable chassis/guts as the old bike. My only complaint about the bike was the front fork was too soft, which was fixed with a pair of progressive springs. GS500's are 38lbs by the way. www.gstwins.com
      -RyanR
      1999 Katana 600

Comment

Working...
      X