X

Please help have to take second stage of my licence this week

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help have to take second stage of my licence this week

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT I NEED TO DO IN MY DRIVING TEST IN A PARKING LOT?
    I NEED TO PRACTICE BUT NOT SURE WHATS GOING TO BE ASKED.

IM IN ONTARIO IF THAT MAKES A DIFFERENCE

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

most standard are friction zone, quick stops, figure 8, shifting, turn. Dunno if anything is different or added up there tho.

Comment

pretty easy to pass?
      i was going to pay the 550 bucks and take a course but running out of time due to work

Comment

Even though your in a parking lot, don't forget to use your turn signals, come to full stops, look both ways, just as if you were on the street. I took the test...ummmm in 76...damn I'm getting old lol.
        My YouTube Videos
        My motorcyle map!

Comment

and make sure you have all your gear, and its zipped up, strapped, so on so forth, when I took mine they warned us in advanced. EX. If the velcro on the glove was undone, automatic fail, if faceshield whole way up, fail.

I thought it was easy to pass, they gave us 2 days of practice before the test, and thank god for that, I had a lot of old habits from dirt riding, I had to get rid of, like 2 or 3 fingers on clutch or brake lever.

Comment

Are you doing the M1 exit?

Man that was years ago lol. Check out gtamotorcycle and see if they have any posted on the M1 exit.

I took the course for the M1 exit, at the time you still got a 10% insurance discount for it so it helped pay for itself that way.

from memory(It's been 7 years lol)

figure 8s
            left and right hand turns from a complete stop
            left or right turn with a stop thrown in

ride at tester at a certain speed and do what directed, it'll be left/right around him or stop.

Can't remember if riding slalom down a set of cones was part of the test or not.
            Kyle

Comment

Quick stop, weave in and out of cones, sharp left turn, all while staying in the lines or cones. Have long pants, a jacket , helmet, gloves( although when i took mine didint have to wear them), make sure tires are good all lights, blinkers working, and by far the most important part, DO NOT DROP IT, or put your feet down unless you are at a stop. but DO NOT DROP IT>>>>>>> Automatic Fail
              99 Ford F150 4x4
              04 Mustang GT
              2010 Camaro SS
              06 GSX600F
              sigpic

Comment

I never realized there was a certain test for it. when I got my first license at 16 they put motorcycle endorsement on them

Comment

I did mine in conjunction with the safety course offered by Fanshawe (like MSF), so I don't know what the ministry will have ya do. Is the M1 exit layed out in the riders handbook? If you have to ride the same course I did at Fanshawe, it would be wise to practice it a the Fanshawe parking lot (painted on parking lot) as it's not as easy as riding around the block a few times.

Good luck.
                  Last edited by Astro4x4; 06-09-2010, 11:16 PM.
                  2000 Katana 600
                  2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

Originally posted by downsouth View Post
                    I never realized there was a certain test for it. when I got my first license at 16 they put motorcycle endorsement on them
                    up here it's

M1 written test
                    M1 license good for 90 days, no passengers, no drinking, no riding after dark, no highways with speed limit over 80km/h

M1 exit test -basic riding skills test pass and you get your M2

M2 good for 5 years can take M2 exit after 18 months, only restriction is a very low booze limit.

M2 exit test is a road test.

then you get your M
                    Kyle

Comment

M2 restrictions = zero blood alcohol content.
                      2000 Katana 600
                      2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

Wow, in MS the driving portion consist of driving from this parking lot to the other, turn around, come back, done.. if you didn't drop the bike you passed. It's the biggest joke ever.

Comment

Working...
                        X