X

starting problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starting problem

recently my katana has been really hard to start. normally i have to choke a little to start no issue then let it idle or depending on the weather, lately i have to fully choke and then try to start for a while, it turns over fine but is taking longer than it usually deos, any advice would help thanks.

hmm..is your battery good? does it try to start at all before finally turning over or is it a continous crank then all a sudden firing up?

if it tries to start while cranking, sounds like a fuel or air issue.

if it doesnt try to start while cranking, would point to an electrical issue.

by "try to start" i mean a coughing type of sound coming from the exhaust
    Originally posted by Slofuze:
    Some people simply talk sh*t because they don't know what they're talking about. Unfortunately, they reproduce.....and why we have sh*t all around us.

Comment

no the battery is good charged fully, it will crank but it just sits there turning over eventually turning over but its acting like its very cold out kinda, gas is good just filled up agian yesterday i ride almost everyday so regularly run

Comment

New plugs make a world of difference.
        Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

You can get a full set of autolites for under 10 bucks, wouldn't hurt to try.

You need to narrow it down to either spark or fuel, will help a ton while troubleshooting. If you have a volt meter, check the primary and secondary resistance of your coils. Pull your plugs and look at the spark end of it, will tell ya how your bike is running. If all that turns out good, you get to start troubleshooting fuel

how does it run once you get it started?
          Originally posted by Slofuze:
          Some people simply talk sh*t because they don't know what they're talking about. Unfortunately, they reproduce.....and why we have sh*t all around us.

Comment

Originally posted by cmurdah View Post
            You can get a full set of autolites for under 10 bucks, wouldn't hurt to try.

You need to narrow it down to either spark or fuel, will help a ton while troubleshooting. If you have a volt meter, check the primary and secondary resistance of your coils. Pull your plugs and look at the spark end of it, will tell ya how your bike is running. If all that turns out good, you get to start troubleshooting fuel

how does it run once you get it started?
            Use NGK's they run the best in Jap bikes.
            Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

it runs fine once it starts there's no problems there, gonna pull the plugs today and checkthem then ya cmurdah i guess fuel if there is still a problem

Comment

Working...
              X