X

starting problems>>>>

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starting problems>>>>

Hi,I have a 2000 750 katana with 4000 miles on it. every year it a diferent problem with the bike. last year the alternator was shot and the clock had to be disconnected because the battery was draining all the time. Now it won't start ..It just backfire btu wont start. Can anyone help me? I purchased the bike new and have not road it a entire summer with out a problem...

Originally posted by sdb2168 View Post
    ...Now it won't start ..It just backfire btu wont start...
    Are you saying that when you turn the key, the starter turns, you get ignition but it doesn't catch it just backfires? May sound stupid but have you checked the plugs? I had the same thing and just needed new/cleaner plugs.
    Last edited by Sierraromeobravo; 06-02-2010, 07:06 PM. Reason: added more
    Are we riding yet?

Comment

I am in the same boat, my plugs were fouled, and last year it was the carbs. plugs are pretty easy to check.
      Bling....

Comment

Originally posted by sdb2168 View Post
        Hi,I have a 2000 750 katana with 4000 miles on it. every year it a diferent problem with the bike. last year the alternator was shot and the clock had to be disconnected because the battery was draining all the time. Now it won't start ..It just backfire btu wont start. Can anyone help me? I purchased the bike new and have not road it a entire summer with out a problem...
        Probably just dirty carbs from lack of use. Stabil is a good thing.

Comment

Working...
        X