X

Suzuki RF900...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki RF900...

Anyone know anything about this bike? I've seen three of them in the last two weeks. Looks nice. Saw a '96 for sale on Craigslist for $3200.
    sigpic

I thought it was a nice bike..
    I guess there just wasn't anyone interested in buying them
    (or the RF600)
    I thought it was going to replace the Kat actually..

I think it is a good value, it was on my "list" when I was buying. Waltari may know about them as he has sourced parts for the FrankenKat from one..
    Maybe the styling put folks off?
    If you want some good reviews look on MCN online . The brits took the RF line more seriously I think..
    some links:

The 1999 Suzuki RF 900 R and all other motorcycles made 1894-2024. Specifications. Pictures. Rating. Discussions.

Comment

rf900r a watercooled kat 927 cc fast handle pretty good and if you wanna juice them up take watercooled gsxr cams drop them in slap on a gixx1100 exhaust and rejet them

Comment

Have a buddy of mine that used to own one, in a very bright green. He bought the bike used and had a fair amount of mechanical problems with it, as I recall. He said that it's a very entertaining bike with good power...
        2005 Red Katana 600!

How y'all mom n' 'em?

Comment

Originally posted by dekker
          didnt they make an rf600r aswell?
          yup wasnt a bad bike just different

Comment

AS I know it the 900 was the water cooled big gixxer engine and the 600 was the 600 gixxer..
            Older model engine like the Katana..

Green!?!?
            I thought they only came in red or black?

Comment

Here in Spain we had the RF900S2, it was a bit sportier, and in his days, she beat the ZX9R in track times.
              PICSSSS!!!!

Comment

My friend has one and he loves it, I like it's look.
                R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

they don't run when they get to Deals Gap...something about the signal generator shaft snapping off

Comment

Originally posted by Range
                    they don't run when they get to Deals Gap...something about the signal generator shaft snapping off
                    There's got to be a story behind that :P
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm

Last year...Keith (nurider) had his crap out on him...they tried everything...he spent all week at the Village...with only a pocket bike to ride.

Comment

Man that's BRUTAL!!!!
                        Next year I think I'll trailer BlackFalcon's Kat with Lisa's and mine just so there's a spare bike. Being stuck for a week at the Gap without a ride is horror!
                        sigpic

Comment

Man that's BRUTAL!!!!
                          Next year I think I'll trailer BlackFalcon's Kat with Lisa's and mine just so there's a spare bike. Being stuck for a week at the Gap without a ride is horror!
                          Make sure there is some room on that trailer for my black Kat.....

I looked at the RF's too...just not as cool looking as the kat.
                          1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
                          2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
                          Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

Originally posted by BearKat
                            I looked at the RF's too...just not as cool looking as the kat.
                            Really?!?!?
                            I like the looks alot!!
                            Heck if I bought one I would have even kept the fairing on it

Comment

Last year...Keith (nurider) had his crap out on him...they tried everything...he spent all week at the Village...with only a pocket bike to ride.
                              Yeah , apparently it's common for the seal/gear assembly to crap out on those things . He was offered bikes to ride by many people , but didn't feel cool taking anybody up on it . So he just moped around the whole time . Can't blame him . I REALLY like the look of those bikes though . One of the FEW bikes I can honestly say that about .
                              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                              X