X

carb help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carb help

ive got a 94 rf600 that i picked up for $600 (no not a kat but close lol) with some carb issues, i guess. it has slow response below 4k and wont idle. if i adjust the idler up to 1k then it hangs at 4-5k when i let off the throttle. i can ease out on the clutch and drop the rpms that way, or turn the idler down but then i have to play with the throttle to keep it running. very aggravating. i figured it might need synched but i've never played with a 4-carb sys before. so just thought i'd ask.

Yea, sure sounds like it to me. Cleaning and syncing the carbs is regular maintenance. My carbs didn't work right until I used a .020 diameter wire to poke out the tiny holes in my emulsion tubes.

When reassembling, make sure all your gaskets and seals are in perfect shape. Leaks are not tolerated well.

Then sync them. The process takes only a couple minutes and is quite easy. I used a home made setup with 4 tubes and it worked quite well.

Comment

Definately needs cleaned. Sounds like your pilot jets are clogged, leaning the bike out. If you blip the throttle and it hangs... your lean.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

yea i've had those carbs off and apart four times in two weeks since i've had the bike but i finally got it today. the idiot who had the bike had the a/f screws only a half-turn out, and the idiot(me) who checked it later thought they were right lol. but they are 2 1/2 turns out now and it idles and revs good with no hanging up. doing the valve clearances and synch tomorro if the weather allows. preciate the input tho fellows.

Comment

Originally posted by somenamehaha View Post
          yea i've had those carbs off and apart four times in two weeks since i've had the bike but i finally got it today. the idiot who had the bike had the a/f screws only a half-turn out, and the idiot(me) who checked it later thought they were right lol. but they are 2 1/2 turns out now and it idles and revs good with no hanging up. doing the valve clearances and synch tomorro if the weather allows. preciate the input tho fellows.

BTW... $600 for a RF... I'm jelous!...

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
          X