X

OH SR555 Anyone?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OH SR555 Anyone?

My future-father-in-law and his buddies keep telling me they want to take me down to OH SR555 sometime before it gets cold out. I had never heard of it before, but I've found some info online about the "triple nickle" and I'm definately going to go check it out.

From what I gather... its a very technical road, with lots of elevation changes, blind turns, and occasional gravel. If anyone else is interested, maybe we can do an Ohio KR Rally there!

Article on OH SR555
    I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

SET IT UP SAM ILL BE THERE AND MIKE WILL COME I BET AND SINCE UR THAT CLOSE I CAN BRING A FEW NON KAT RIDERS TOO
    as said the bikeless wonder!

Comment

Re: OH SR555 Anyone?

Originally posted by skasner
      My future-father-in-law and his buddies keep telling me they want to take me down to OH SR555 sometime before it gets cold out. I had never heard of it before, but I've found some info online about the "triple nickle" and I'm definately going to go check it out.

From what I gather... its a very technical road, with lots of elevation changes, blind turns, and occasional gravel. If anyone else is interested, maybe we can do an Ohio KR Rally there!

Article on OH SR555
      From what you have gathered, you are correct. Very fun, very technical road. I have a few friends that ride 555 almost every weekend. I've ridden it a time or two as well. Have fun and be safe...

Comment

Wow, that should be a fun trip for everyone who can go! Looks like a great road to ride but the occasional gravel will definatley be worth noting !!

Comment

Hmm, looks like it could be a great time!
          TDA Racing/Motorsports
          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
          Who knows what is next?
          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

You should go that ride thom !!

Comment

Yeah dude , it's not TOO far away from you .
              About 2.5-3 hours away for me probably , though .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I will be going on a ride soon, I just can't make plans due to work.
                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                Who knows what is next?
                Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

lets try and set a date skasner and then put the word out more. It would be worth it even if like 5 or so show up and thom just come take a sick or vacation day just come on. MD86 ah thats not far it be worth if for the day ride up stay the night ride home

Comment

I have a hectic schedule also working full-time and going to school 3/4-time. It will most likely be an overnighter for me... leave late morning, tear it up in the afternoon, relax, then ride home the next morning.

I'll work on coming up with a date... if it doesnt work for everyone... we can always do a group ride another time.
                    I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
                    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

Originally posted by COWBOYKJ69
                      MD86 ah thats not far it be worth if for the day ride up stay the night ride home
                      I dunno , that looks pretty far . Probably like 3 hours kinda far . That'd be more like an overnight trip .
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I can make it to the southern tip near Little Hocking or the northern tip near Zanesville in about an hour. Even though I'm fairly close to 555, i've only ridden on it 3-4 times in 3 years, mostly because the gravel gets to be a little much, plus the road narrows down to about a single lane during some of this gravel and there are several sharp downhill turns on this narrow gravel, but even though, it's a fun road. I have roads that a closer to me that I prefer riding on, such as 664, 56, 278, etc, but I believe I would be up for a group ride if the timing works out.

Comment

I am so there! Lets set it up.

Comment

Hey Breeze, think we should tell um to bring the "Dramamine"?
                            Keith Paton
                            Red Kat 600 00 SOLD
                            13 GSXR750

Comment

im temted to right out bymyself if need be on the dramamine thought hmm sounds like fun

Comment

Working...
                              X