No announcement yet.
X

turbo kat 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is a funny ad right there.. If it weren't for the dodgy intake plumbing I would say it was a deal.. Hell you get a lap top included!

Comment

"It was one educational, fun project."

Definitely looks like a learning project, I'm sure it scoots pretty good though if you wear some thick pants...
      -RyanR
      1999 Katana 600

Comment

I thought I remembered seeing this project on a website at one point and in searching through my bookmarks, this is what I came up with: Turbo Katana Project

Beyond the fact that it was built by someone with no turbo expertise and was NEVER tuned on a dyno (so I'm sure the fuel mapping is all over the board), I really liked the last paragraph noting the current fueling issues and need of repair. No thanks, I'll pass.

Definitely something you don't see everyday though....
        Last edited by Guest; 05-19-2010, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Looks cool but sloppy as heck. Reminds me of this one guy years ago that turbo'd his Eclipse using home depot plumbing pipes and elbows.
          We don't stop riding because we grow old, We grow old when we stop riding!

Comment

What a mess.
            '03 600 Kat
            '00 Ninja 500R - *sold*

Comment

well.....yeah, ok.....nevermind....

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
              You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

I remember reading that page setting up my bike. Honestly for that price I'd buy it if it were closer to me. He's got the exact same EFI setup I've got. With that wideband oxygen sensor you can tune it about as well as a pro could with a real dyno. A leanout issue like hes describing would be either fuel pump or fuel regulator as he says. Easy and cheap fix. It's a shame he doesn't drop in the new parts himself, it'd make for a much easier sell.

As for the sloppyness, I'm not sure how else could you do it. There isn't a whole ton of room on a katana for intercooler piping and a full intake plenum. Thats a cleaner job with the intake than I could ever do.

Either way I'm curious to see what kind of money it attracts. I hope his tune is spot on, nothing seems to deter potential buyers like aftermarket ECUs..
                The fuel injected Katana project

Comment

Hahaha, that intake plumbing is so ugly and poorly executed that I think it gave me cancer...
                  90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                  I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  Originally posted by soulless kaos
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Now I'm thinking I should add fuel injection and turbo the second vintage kat I'm working on

Comment

hahah

Comment

Originally posted by Waltari View Post
                        I thought I remembered seeing this project on a website at one point and in searching through my bookmarks, this is what I came up with: Turbo Katana Project
                        Damn that was it!
                        It was someone asking about a 9 pin connector!
                        "what does this plug do? or something..
                        I knew that crappy intake pipe looked familiar.

Comment

Aw, didnt sell. Wonder what he's gonna do with it. Too bad its on the other side of the country from me, it'd make a fun little bike.
                          The fuel injected Katana project

Comment

Working...
                          X