No announcement yet.
X

I hate my kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You need to verify you have spark to that cylinder.
    Then do a compression test if possible - just so you aren't guessing.

If those check out ok, its your carbs.
    I just did my carbs and I was the first one to get into them. Mine did the exact same thing until used a .020 wire on my emulsion tubes. Number 4 cylinder was cold and idle was erratic.

From personal experience:
    You can spray carb cleaner through the hole - not good enough
    You can look through it and see light - not good enough
    Soak it for a while in Sea Foam & ream it with a .020 wire, it will be like new.

The wire has at least a couple thousanths clearance and doesn't damage anything.

Also, when I did mine, I found the mixture screws were only 2 turns out, and the tips were dirty. I have them set to 2 1/2 turns and it idles much happier. My point is, you need to check them and make sure they're set.
    After you clean the emulsion tubes well and mess with the mixture screws, the carbs need to be sync'd.

If you run it without the tank on, don't forget to plug the vacuum hose from carb 4 you took off the petcock.
    Last edited by akarob; 05-14-2010, 05:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jrao83 View Post
      you local auto parts store should have a compression gauge for rent. I say rent but it is free you just have to put a deposit.
      I got one . I'[m about an hour north of you , and I work cheap . Not REAL good with the 600's , but I like to think I know a few things .....
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
        I got one . I'[m about an hour north of you , and I work cheap . Not REAL good with the 600's , but I like to think I know a few things .....
        12 pack of beer cheap?

Comment

Usually pizza cheap , or maybe a tool if there's one I need .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
          X