X

pics of my jardines

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pics of my jardines

well here is what the jardine slip-ons (1 on each side) look like that i picked up off of ebay. there are not the coolest looking, but i don't feel they are that bad either. the main reason they are even on was that they only cost under a $100 with shipping included...and they were brand new still in the box....plus it was only a 20-30 minute install with the impact gun. i have to say....they are loud. but it is not like a sound i usually hear on sportbikes with headers. i haven't paid attention to what makes and models i hear, but in general, i find a header can sound a little more high-pitched than what these do. it almost sounds more like a custom. definately a deep sound. oh....and did i mention loud? in town here, i have to shift up a gear to keep the rpms down. just too damn loud. i stopped at my bro's place last night, and he said he heard me coming quite a ways away. and i definately feel an increase on torque.

now if you look at my kickstand, it doesn't go up all the way. i like the sound and performance of these exhaust, but i like the convenience of my center stand more. there is no way I will remove it. i can ride it now, but i need to find my limit for leaning. it hit twice yesterday with a passenger on back. the extra weight lowers the bike and a sharp dip scraped it the first time. 2nd time was in a curve with a small dip. that scrape kinda freaked me out a bit. Cyber...in another post you mentioned someone fixed theirs up with a 1 bolt set-up where they could remove and replace when needed. i tried a search but couldn't find the post. if you can remember who it was...or if anyone else knows of the thread, i would appreciate you letting me know.

[img][/img]
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Sooo are you keeping them???
    The price was right that is for sure!

Comment

if i don't keep them on, i am going to try the full yosh system i have. definately don't want to go back to stock after feeling the extra power. i am just sort of experimenting now. i was actually thinking of polishing the cans to a chrome look.
      what do you think it will look like? better? worse?

Comment

Post a close up..
        It's a little tough to see them.
        (for so me reason Image shack isn't opening the full size pic...)

Comment

try this link

Comment

Wow those jardines are wicked lookin mojoe!! :mrgreen: but yeah that centerstand would drive me nuts to the point that I'd have to try a different exhaust. Not only the safety factor of course, in cornering, but the having it not go back into place fully under the bike would piss me off too

Comment

hmmmm
              I'm a matte finish kinda guy...
              But you can go back to matte after polishing...
              I think the little stripes are wierd though..
              I would get rid of those....

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
                hmmmm
                I'm a matte finish kinda guy...
                But you can go back to matte after polishing...
                I think the little stripes are wierd though..
                I would get rid of those....
                ya...i think it is the stripe ends and clamp that get to me. if i was to polish them, i would make a stainless hanger to match. it can not be polished because it is not made of aluminum. it is some kind of composite material. i would also polish the ends.

Comment

I like it. THey look really large and round.
                  Kan-O-Gixxer!
                  -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                  -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                  -Ohlins Susupension
                  -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                    I like it. THey look really large and round.
                    thanks...but they are not. they are actually fairly small....and very oval.

Comment

Slipons

I think they look great with those wheels its nice to see an 1100 kat customized

Comment

That is a beautiful bike. I don't think those cans do the bike justice.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
                          ya...i think it is the stripe ends and clamp that get to me. if i was to polish them, i would make a stainless hanger to match. it can not be polished because it is not made of aluminum. it is some kind of composite material. i would also polish the ends.
                          There ya go.. start there..

Comment

Nice unique look. Definitely a good grab for a hundred.

Comment

I rode with Mojoe yesterday donw to VT. Let me tell you those cans sound sooo sweeet. I also like the look of them, I was leading and I could still hear Mojoe behind me at times when he would give her the throttle. He shot past me once when I was'nt expecting it and scared the shiate outta me with those cans. Keep them!
                              R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Working...
                              X