Similar bikes to Katana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Similar bikes to Katana

I have a 2005 Katana. It's a great bike

Aside from the GSX-650F which I am strongly considering purchasing I wanted to get some input on other bikes in this class. (Sort of sporty, sort of touring, with ergo's for a person 6+ feet tall)

I stumbled on the Kawasaki Ninja 650R. Thoughts? Other bikes?

Dancing bacon?
    "You can pour syrup on sh*t, but that doesn't make it pancakes"

Other bikes that I was considering which, to me, are in the same class were the SV650/1000, VFR800 and the VTR1000.
    Although, after trying all of them I ended up getting a 750 Kat. I didn't really see the need to 'upgrade' to something else, other than the engine size.
    (I went from a '93 600 to an '01 750)
    The main problem with motorcycles is the nut that connects the handle bars to the seat.

Comment

I've found the 600 class Ninjas to be as quick as greased owlsh*t.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

I am 6' 2" and around 180 lbs.. I do find my Katana 600 quite comfortable.. I was looking through Ninja 650 as well as the newly redesigned Ninja 250 too.. I heard that the 2008+ Ninja suits tall riders if they are not bulky..
        Its really a matter of fitting the legs over the groove in the tank.. Anybody taller than 6' 4" might feel uneasy on Ninjas.. Just my thought
        Regards
        sigpic
        2005 Katana 600

Comment

I have always thought that the Kawi ZZR line was similar as which is a 4 cyl. The Ninja 650r is close to but it's a twin.

Other bikes are the Suzuki SV line and Yami's FZ line both of which are twins. But they all share the 'realxed, sport-touring' ergos.

Not too sure on the Hondas though I have sat on a VFR and was quite comfy. Plus the single-sided swing arm is a very nice touch

Please feel free to correct me on any of the above, constuctively of course
          The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'

Comment

the yamaha FZ6 is a great sport touring bike with adjustable seat height

Comment

mmmmmmmm....vfr....

Comment

Originally posted by BoarderBry View Post
                I have always thought that the Kawi ZZR line was similar as which is a 4 cyl.
                My thoughts exactly. ZZRs have almost the power of the Ninjas without the painful ergos and rock hard seat.
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I replaced mine with an '06 VFR and fine it pretty close to the Kat in terms of ergo's. The seat is not as good but the power is nice.

2006 Katana 750 (taken by the guy that said he didn't see me)
                  2006 VFR800 to replace the broken Kat.

Comment

I'll say the Kawasaki Concourse 14 is pretty close. Before someone says "Wtf"? , let me add that I have a '91 Katana 1100. Comfortable, fast spot tourer that had hard bags as an option.
                    The C14 is also fast, comfy like the Kat 1100, it even has an electric windshield! With electric hand grips, abs, traction control, this is the bike to have, that is the bike I want supplant my '91 katana 1100.

Comment

I've heard the Gladius is akin to the Kat 600 but it's a naked bike. I love it though, the minute they make a gladius 1000 I'm on it
                      1999 Katana 750

Comment

Working...
                      X