Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

$750 for 2 tires, chain/sprocket kit, clutch cable, NO thankyou!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $750 for 2 tires, chain/sprocket kit, clutch cable, NO thankyou!

That's right, $750 was the price I
    got today at the bike shop for 2 Conti's, rk chain + sprockets, and a clutch cable.

Clutch cable and chain sprocket kit weren't "that bad" at $250 total. That leave the $500 they wanted for 2 tires plus tax on those tires? That just seems wrong. I said no thanks to the tires, since Ive been seeing some online sales selling the same tires for like around $200 for the pair. What's shipping like on tires? I live in Canada so wondering if there's any other Canucks out there who buy or have bought tires online b4?
    For sale thread Album
    1991 Katana 600 - sold

I've bought a couple RK chain/sprocket kits, should be about $150 on eBay. The clutch cable can't be close to $100...

Comment

Thats about right for a Dealership/Professional shop. Around here, they want $75 for each tire if they are still on the bike, and you have to conisder labor for installation of the chain and cable. It may be a little high, but its not outrageous.

My Avon's I paid $175 for the rear and $140 for the front. They only charged me $35 to mount since I bought the tires from them and they were off the bike.
      Last edited by HemiKat; 05-08-2010, 07:23 PM.
      Originally posted by arsenic
      93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

That wasn't even including service tho, clutch cable was $30 I ordered a rk chain for $130 and some sprockets that they sell that are aparantly high quality, the guys there seemed knowlegable at least. I'll get the sprocket name when I hear but I got stok gearing. $20 for front sprocket and like $40 or $50 for rear I believe. Anywho, they wanted wayyyy too much for the tires alone.
        For sale thread Album
        1991 Katana 600 - sold

Comment

too much! clutch cable is 15$

chain and sprocket is 140$ish

tires are like 100$ a pop
          \
          mounting is $50
          03/03/2010 - got 99 Kat 750 ,881 miles,blue, STOCK.
          04/03/2010 - 2069 miles. Burley frame sliders, mesh mod, carbs overhauled.
          08/05/2010 - 8562 Miles, SS lines, shovel del., int. brake light
          10/08/2010 - 9862 miles, GSXR cams, futomo Valve
          05/22/2011- 11884 Miles, -GSXR cams -Futomo Valve +advancer

Comment

I just pai 120 for a new front installed
            2000 suzuki katana gsx600f

1997 yamaha yzf-1000

2002 honda recon 250es

Comment

yeah... personally i think the best way to go is find a local shop. the place i took my bike for a chain and sprocket was about 200 bucks in total. a new front tire was tire, plus like 20 bucks for installation, and the guy did it right away and was done in 20 minutes.
              2004 Katana
              GO OWLS!!!

Comment

If there is a KR member close to you in the US get everything shipped to them and then drive down to them to get it. I can get you good deals on chain and sprockets.
                www.mopowersports.com

Comment

I usually buy from motorcyclesuperstore.com ship to my uncle in NY and he brings it to me once a month
                  Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

It is alot of money but not to outrageous for a shop/ dealership

Comment

Sadly Steve is trapped on an Island , everything is more expensive over there lol.

If you don't mind travelling or are heading over to Vancouver anyway I'd consider a short trip over the border. Hit up the island sport bike forum or the BC sport bike forum (these are from memory) and see if anyone can recommend a place just over the border to have parts shipped to. Check out Pete's superbike and see how his prices are, he's out of Quebec so no shipping hassles!!! http://www.petes-superbike.com/

I brought a set of tires from the US over last month and even got a guard in a good mood and was waved through with no extra taxes to pay . $175 US Shipped for a set of BT021s, should be another $50 or 60 for me to get them mounted.
                      Kyle

Comment

Working...
                      X