X

Running without front fender/brace

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running without front fender/brace

Does anybody know if that metal bracket that the front fender bolts to is structural in any way? (pre kat)

I've got all my plastics and tank back from paint, but i can't find that goddamn bracket!

Might get some nice weather this weekend, and was hoping to ride.

I did it for almost a year and I couldnt tell the difference. But im no knee dragger either.
    Originally posted by arsenic
    93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

I'm sure in some small way it adds support... but I don't know by how much. Alot of rat bikes out there have run without them at all (no fender or bracket) that I have seen.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I ran for a long time with no fender or bracket..... however, I don't know how you'd run the fender WITHOUT the bracket....
        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
          I ran for a long time with no fender or bracket..... however, I don't know how you'd run the fender WITHOUT the bracket....
          I've seen some creative uses for zip ties, bailing wire, duct tape, and bungee cords... you just never know.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

just rest it on the tire and ride fast. The force of the wind will cause it to levitate into position

Comment

I could hit up the motorcycle junkyard when it gets a bit warmer and maybe pull one for you if I can find one. They had a lot of Pre-Kats when I was out there last.
              Kan-O-Gixxer!
              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
              -Ohlins Susupension
              -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
              X