X

Suspension upgrade????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspension upgrade????

I have a 2001 750cc kat, and i want to upgrade the suspension, any suggestions?

Thanks

If you can find it, Ohlins rear shock, as for upgrading the front, screw getting new springs, there are bolts (Black Peter chime in here...) that you can throw in the fork tubes to help the spring rate, that what BP did for me, and it is a HUGE difference. lot cheaper than spending the money on new springs for the front.
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Take front spacers out of forks, cut new ones from pvc pipe that are 1/2 to 1 inch longer to increase preload, or buy newer higher rate springs and install cartridge emulators from Tmod, thread is here on how to install. Swap stock rear shock for newer one, there's a thread on here somewhere on interchangability between different bikes. I run an R6 shock on the rear of my '89 750 and different springs up front with emulators and adjustable preloaders coming soon.
      Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
      Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Since you already have a post 750 the shock that is in there it is rebuildable & revalveable. As far as the forks go you can get new springs and add emulators if you want.

What do you weigh?
        You ride canyons, curves or flat stuff?
        Are you a aggressive rider?
        Do you ride 2 up? How often percentage wise?
        Any luggage or bags?
        How tall are you? Looking to make the bike any taller or shorter?

Tmod

Comment

Originally posted by Tmod View Post
          Since you already have a post 750 the shock that is in there it is rebuildable & revalveable. As far as the forks go you can get new springs and add emulators if you want.

What do you weigh?
          You ride canyons, curves or flat stuff?
          Are you a aggressive rider?
          Do you ride 2 up? How often percentage wise?
          Any luggage or bags?
          How tall are you? Looking to make the bike any taller or shorter?

Tmod
          1.- 180
          2.- 60% canyons 40% flat
          3.- 5%
          4.- Nope, i do have a full set of luggage just haven't used it yet.
          5.- 5'8. bike is just fine.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by abogado68 View Post
            1.- 180
            2.- 60% canyons 40% flat
            3.- 5%
            4.- Nope, i do have a full set of luggage just haven't used it yet.
            5.- 5'8. bike is just fine.

Thanks.
            Ok the bike already has the wrong spring for your weight, Also the valving can be improved in that stock shock to offer a more compliant ride and keep the rear tire planted. As far as the front you can gain from new springs. Emulators are a option depending on your budget.

You can hit up ygolohcysp (member here) as he is the same weight and I just did his shock not long ago. Ask him how it feels and what improvement he got from it.

Tmod

Comment

Ok the bike already has the wrong spring for your weight, Also the valving can be improved in that stock shock to offer a more compliant ride and keep the rear tire planted. As far as the front you can gain from new springs. Emulators are a option depending on your budget.

You can hit up ygolohcysp (member here) as he is the same weight and I just did his shock not long ago. Ask him how it feels and what improvement he got from it.

Tmod
              Thank you I will.

Comment

Tmod
                Tmod,

Where can I get the emulators and/or springs? Do you sell them? What's the cost on valving the stock shock? Can you do it?

In Mexico, where I live rainy season is just around the corner, so ridding is gone, and thats when I want to get the suspension fixed.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                X