X

2006 katana problems

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 katana problems

I recently bought my first bike, a 2006 katana 600 with about 13000 miles on it. Ive been riding it for a few months now but it has started making a noise, sounds like it is coming from the front sprocket, sound like a bearing or something. ive tighten the chain but that didnt work. You can really hear it when starting off. Wondering if anyone could help identify the problem.
    Last edited by jdsanders1; 05-04-2010, 10:05 AM.

well does the sprockets look like there in good condition or are they worn real bad. that could be a cause or it could be a bearing like said. it also could be the chain making the noise. the old stretched out chains tend to make noise.
    time to nut up or shut up
    Originally posted by Rican Katgrl
    The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by 1990gsx 600 View Post
      well does the sprockets look like there in good condition or are they worn real bad. that could be a cause or it could be a bearing like said. it also could be the chain making the noise. the old stretched out chains tend to make noise.
      I took the cover and chain off the other day and cleaned them both, there was a small peice of plastic inside the sprocket covering but either way the noise has stoped,, thanks for the info

Comment

Working...
      X