X

info on the 1990 katana 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• info on the 1990 katana 750

Hey, whats up people,, im in the process of possibly getting a very nice 1990 750 katana, 12000 miles on it,, 1 owner bike, older male has had it since day 1. Is this bike worth 2000?? he is willing to trade me for my 93 ninja 500 which has been through hell and back. Does this sound like its to good to be true,, the kat is beautiful and all,, he said its just getting to big for him and he needs something smaller, this man is in his 50's i believe.. also he is willing to give me a gsxr motor and trans to go with it... well, im curious of the difference between my ninja 500 and this kat 750 is it quicker?? I know i love the looks a whole lot better than the ninja?? I feel confident enough now to move up on the cc's. anyways people give me some info on this deal. I want to do it, but if the kat is slower ill stick to the ninja.

I guess it all comes down to what you want. Personally I would decide what I would want more, if wanting to do some riding with the big boys and keep up, then no kat, but just to ride around with some fun here and there, try the kat out.

The top speed is about the same, The Kat weighs about 51 pounds more altho everything else is about the same, other than the torque, which the research I found shows the kat around 73, and the ninja around 30 ft lbs.

Downs for the kat is the weight, weak low and midrange (compared to other bikes), and harsh suspension.

Comment

ok thanks for the opinion,, my ninja is well worn out now,, its a tired old girl and she need to go to a good home with somebody with a light wrist!!! Also she has 33 thousand miles,, that alone is enough for me to let her go, and also all the times she has fell over, been laid down and all the wheelies rode on her!!! so i believe its time for a new bike,, ill miss her, she was quick in the day, and now i get beat by a dang suzuki intruder 700?? whats really going on???

Comment

I'd trade it in a heartbeat... but that's me.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Seriously..... without a doubt I'd trade.
          sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
          ------------------------------------------
          89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
          96 YZF 1000R

Comment

alright ppl the old man scammed me,, ha it wasnt even his bike,, what an *******

anyways,, i live in manchester, tn and if anyone is wanting to do some trading for a nice older model bike, i got a 2001 Pt cruiser, and a 93 ninja 500 and a 1985 yamaha fj600 im willing to give up for at least a 95 model bike, it has to be at least a 600
            Last edited by daddyzbadboy16; 05-03-2010, 05:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by daddyzbadboy16 View Post
              alright ppl the old man scammed me,, ha it wasnt even his bike,, what an *******
              People never cease to amaze me these days... I thought your deal sounded too good to be true. Glad he didn't get to rip you off though!

Comment

Originally posted by Suzukirider09 View Post
                The top speed is about the same
                Seriously? I've never ridden an EX500, but my pre98 750 caught redline in 6th, well over 160 indicated....... I thought the EX500 was more a competitor to the GS500, which might get to 130 downhill with a tailwind.

This guy must have stock gearing (mine had a 14 tooth in front), since he gets to nearly 280km/h indicated (which is about 173mph).

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT7F6tpd1XU"]YouTube- GSX 750F ZĂȘ[/ame]
                Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Working...
                X