X

temp fuel bottle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• temp fuel bottle

Is gas supposed to flood out of the carbs into the airbox when using a temporary fuel bottle?

Sigh... time to rip the carbs apart again.....

Float height...
    Originally posted by arsenic
    93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

I thought I had set the float height correctly. all 4 were between 14.5 and 15.3mm on the outsides.

(As measured from the lip of the bowl to the top the the float at "rest" while upside down, correct?)

oops. or do you need to lift up on the floats until they "just touch" the needles?...
      Last edited by MrBrant; 04-20-2010, 10:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

You need to measure the floats at their highest point as they just touch ( barely, but touching) the already seated float valve. I hold the rack of carbs at an angle with one hand and measure with the other.
        2000 Katana 600
        2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

+1
          I gently tip them.. Awkward I know.

Comment

yup, that's where I made the mistake.

Thanks guys!

Comment

Hey, would ya look at that. You set the height correctly, and gas stops pouring out of the airbox - LOL

Though I did smash my calipers in the process. Luckily I had already set the stop at 14.7mm

Comment

Working...
              X