X

rode a kat witha jet kit today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rode a kat witha jet kit today

I found a local kat for sale for my buddy, a 98 with a stage 1 jet kit, jets installed for a pipe and k&n filters,

i was pretty impressed with how consistent the power band was but ill be danged if it didnt crush some fuel. I'm contemplating doing this but haven't made my mind up yet.

Fife

I have a 750 with an Ivan's and get about 140-145 miles before I hit reserve. Thats about 40mpg..
    -2000 "750"

Comment

The fuel thing will happen , depending on how you ride .
      Jet kit good ..... Just make sure to get the exhaust right and have it tuned right .
      Scotty Doesn't Know ...Scotty Doesn't Know.. Don't Tell Scotty

Comment

My 04 750 is jetted,piped and K&N and I am always the last to need fuel in our group
        One guy asks if I ever buy gas,because I usually fill up before we head out
        Last time I told him I was still running on the fuel I bought last year
        Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

The mpg on my CA spec kat 1100 droped from 43- 44mpg to 38 mpg when I put on a 4-1 pipe and a Dynojet kit. Last I checked, it got 40mpg with a Factory jet kit. I am finishing carb work on it and when I am done, hope to to see 41-42mpg.
          However, that doesn't tell the whole story. The stock jetting was horrible, lean spots, bad response, etc.
          With a good jet kit, you don't just get more power; you get the ability to dial in your bike and make it run better. To me, that is well worth the loss of one or two mpg.

Comment

i dont have a jetkit and get 30mpg....thats a 99 750, with me and my GF riding it decently hard....i seem to be alittle low...
            03/03/2010 - got 99 Kat 750 ,881 miles,blue, STOCK.
            04/03/2010 - 2069 miles. Burley frame sliders, mesh mod, carbs overhauled.
            08/05/2010 - 8562 Miles, SS lines, shovel del., int. brake light
            10/08/2010 - 9862 miles, GSXR cams, futomo Valve
            05/22/2011- 11884 Miles, -GSXR cams -Futomo Valve +advancer

Comment

Had a 2005 600 with jet kit and D&D exhaust and would get 45 mpg But I got rid of her Looking at another one now But have a VStar 1300 now too

Comment

What does jet kit do?I have a single scorpion exhaust on my 05 750 Kat .It seems fairly smooth but I'm a new Kat owner....what do I look for ....BTW I love my bike .
                I have got to work on my sensitivity ........ok thats over lets get to the next caring moment

Comment

Originally posted by Irish View Post
                  What does jet kit do?
                  Replaces the jets inside the carbs. They are bigger then stock jets so it adds more fuel. Most kats with exhaust run lean, so the added fuel will bring it more back in balance. Also it gives about 8-10hp depending on what you ride. Good investment I heard, Im getting one soon!
                  2002 GSXF Katana 600- Sold
                  2004 GSXR 600

Comment

stage 3 jet kit + KNN Pods = Bad gas milage but a helleva lot'o fun!
                    Kan-O-Gixxer!
                    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                    -Ohlins Susupension
                    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
                    X