Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Stagger the main jets or keep them all the same?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stagger the main jets or keep them all the same?

My Kat 1100 (like all other kats) came with staggered jets, two are bigger than the other two. The Factory Jet kit keeps it this way. Supposedly, the reason is because the middle cylinders run hotter.
    Now, I have heard opinions to the contrary. I think the late CP said it was done for emission reasons.
    i am waiting for some emulsion tubes to arrive- a great time to change the jets. Should I keep them staggered, or buy a couple of extra mikuni jets and make them the same for all four cylinders?

Do both and let us know what the difference is! :P That's an interesting engineering point, I'd like to know as well
    sigpic

Comment

The two inside cylinder have far less cooling surface area, slightly richer main jets ensure the EGTs at full throttle stay at safe levels.
      I run my 750 the same way.
      98 GSX750F
      95 Honda VT600 vlx
      08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Originally posted by hardlydangerous View Post
        The two inside cylinder have far less cooling surface area, slightly richer main jets ensure the EGTs at full throttle stay at safe levels.
        I run my 750 the same way.

In the shop manual for my katana 1100 for main jet.it says:

No.1 & No. 4: # 112.5
        No.2 & No. 3: #110

So, can I assume that Suzuki wants the fatter jets on the outside, not on the inside? Why?

Comment

Originally posted by DClark View Post
          In the shop manual for my katana 1100 for main jet.it says:

No.1 & No. 4: # 112.5
          No.2 & No. 3: #110

So, can I assume that Suzuki wants the fatter jets on the outside, not on the inside? Why?
          Variances in vacuum pressure between the outside air intakes vs the inside air intakes.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Ok, just swapped the jets, now I just need it to stop snowing so I can drive it-grrrr.....

Comment

I got an extra set of 600 carbs, but I'm not quite sure on year etc. The 4th carb have fittings for a TPS, and it's says 44CD on them.
              They came with 115 jets on the two middle (no. 2 & 3) cylinders, and 117,5 on the outer ones.
              The needle jets/emulsion tubes are the same as on the carbs I use ('93 600cc) (44C00), ending at P-3. But these carbs run 110 jets on all four.
              I would also have thought that the middle jets should be bigger, to increase the cooling.

Comment

Working...
              X