X

???oil in airbox???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ???oil in airbox???

can anyone tell me why i have oil im my airbox? i thought my bike was leaking oil on the garage floor, then i see its dripping out of the airbox drain tube. i remove the cap and 1/8th of a quart of oil came out...

97 katana 600 (engine swap to 97 750)
    stage three jet kit
    micron full racing exhaust
    07 rear swingarm
    07 shock and linkage
    07 4.5 in rim
    07 brake set up

thanks!

blow-by? the PCV [positive crankcase ventilation] valve is connected to the air box. a lot of positive pressure from the crank case is forcing oil out the vent and into the intake. this is usually the cause of oil in the air box.

Comment

What rtabish said. It's blowby.
      Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
      Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

its ok, there should be a plastic hose by the right foot peg. the hose will have a cap that you should remove after every oil change and some oil will come out.

Comment

yeah i knew about the blow by, it just seemed like more than any other time. i guess i was thinking about it and if im doing a wheelie at 11 oclock or so the oil could dump into the airbox, i thought this could also cause oil burning through the motor

Comment

ahhh....those darn wheelies!!!so much fun and yet so bad for your bike....

Comment

Working...
            X