Wix, amsoil, hi-flo flitro or Twin air are also good
    Emgo are ok... just ok

stay away from cheap walmart, fram, and noname
    98 GSX750F
    95 Honda VT600 vlx
    08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Fram, I think the one I took off there was the original from the year 1995 lol, I wouldn't be surprised if I was the first to change the oil...

Comment

i ran schaffer 9000 (5w40) and a k&n filter for about 2500 miles last year including 6 or 8 trips to the drag strip. oil looked, felt and smelt great this spring when i changed it. i sent a sample to schaffer for inspection and they recommend i run it another 2500 miles before it will need changed. based on the metal and hydrocarbons found. probably part filter but mostly quality oil

Comment

Originally posted by lucky69 View Post
          also with oem filter do you tighten it till it has resistance ,then 2 more turns ,like the owners manual says?
          I did exactly what my Haynes manual recommended, which is two full turns.

Comment

Originally posted by LMT View Post
            I used Emgo from Bike Bandit or Hi Flo is a good choice also.
            I hear Emgo oil filters suck. Based on my experience with their air filters, I bet they do suck.
            Don't feel bad, I have a Fram on my bike which probably sucks worse. Come tuesday, the UPS will drop off some goodies, one being a genuine Suzuki brand oil filter.

Comment

Originally posted by teddy View Post
              K&N filters aren't that great....basically a $3 filter with a $6 nut welded onto the end of it.....
              but easly to remove and replace. I used to have to remove the oilcoolent lines to get to the oil filter

Comment

im running the 12 dollar suzuki oil filter

Comment

Working...
                X