What rear shock fits '93 600F?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What rear shock fits '93 600F?

WHOOPS! Found my answer at

But I'd still like to know -- do all y'all with the stock shock get this shloopy feeling around corners?

Ignore the bit below this line
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hi all, sorry if this is the wrong forum (I was looking at the list of forums, and there's no "parts"... so I chose the nearest one. This was it!)...

I might need a new rear shock, and was wondering what other shocks may fit my bike (1993 600cc). I'm avoiding buying new, and want to see what else is out there that'll fit (the stock looks like it rusts within a week!)

I'm thinking I'll need a new one as it seems to shlump over corners, and while braking. Is this really how this bike reacts, or do you think I need a new shock?

Thanks,

Tom
    Last edited by waytoofunky; 04-11-2010, 05:04 PM. Reason: Whoops, found my answer

That feeling is all the damping gone from your current shock..

Comment

Okay, I thought something was wrong. Thanks!

Thanks Peter! Any recommendations? I'm thinking about the post-98 shocks.

Comment

They will be old and beat too..
        My suggestion:
        Hayabusa shock.
        A rebuilt shock by Tmod..
        A Bandit shock that is newish.
        Loud and low posted about the R6 shock I think..

Comment

I put a B12 (Bandit 1200) shock on my pre600. Feeling is phenomenally better! My gf loves being able to see above my helmet when we ride 2-up too. Found mine on eBay for like $80 shipped and it was from an 05 I think with under 10k on the clock.
          Current Bike: 2005 SV1000S K5 Red, 7,xxx miles, Hot Bodies Double Bubble Tinted Screen, Hot Bodies Fender Eliminator, Pirelli Diablo Rossi's, LED Flush Mounts, Front/Side/Rear Sliders, PC-III USB, K&N Air Filter, aTRE Mod, TechSpec Tank Grips, Solo Seat Cowl, Corbin Seat, HEL SS Brake/Clutch Lines.

Working on installing: TPS mod

Anyone who loves their bike uses Rotella T6!

Comment

I have a post 98 shock that was rebuilt by Tmod. I absolutely love it.
            Originally posted by arsenic
            93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Working...
            X