X

Sad, sad day in the neighborhood....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad, sad day in the neighborhood....

...well at least in mine. Sad to say that my 05 Kat 750 has to go. Youngest kid got into trouble and the $$ needed is more than I have readily available. The finance company won't take my bike as collateral. So it goes up for sale today. She is my second Kat... My first being pre 600 and what a ride. Maybe next year I can get me another.
    I haven't posted alot on here but I did do quite a bit of lurking. Thanks all for posting fixes and such on here. I used a few of them and they all saved me a ton of $$. Thanks all for the help. I will return!

sorry to hear it....get another one as soon as possible!
    03/03/2010 - got 99 Kat 750 ,881 miles,blue, STOCK.
    04/03/2010 - 2069 miles. Burley frame sliders, mesh mod, carbs overhauled.
    08/05/2010 - 8562 Miles, SS lines, shovel del., int. brake light
    10/08/2010 - 9862 miles, GSXR cams, futomo Valve
    05/22/2011- 11884 Miles, -GSXR cams -Futomo Valve +advancer

Comment

Family first, everything else a distant second. No need to leave. I was out of a bike for 6 months and still was a major
      pest around here!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by phil823 View Post
        sorry to hear it....get another one as soon as possible!
        +1
        never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Yeah, don't leave. I've been bikeless for well over three years and still around. Never know, you might be able to help someone else later.
          Keith Paton
          Red Kat 600 00 SOLD
          13 GSXR750

Comment

Good luck, hope it all works out!
            In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." -- Jan L. A. van de Snepscheut / Yogi Berra

"after the nuclear apocalypse, there will be 6ft tall cockroaches eating twinkies and driving dodge darts, and riding katanas" -- JayBell

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm View Post
              Family first, everything else a distant second. No need to leave. I was out of a bike for 6 months and still was a major
              pest around here!
              I second that, no need to leave, just keep lurking, lol

Comment

Family first

Comment

Whatta great father!!! Willing to give up his personal belongings and passions to help out his child in a great time of need! My hats off to you sir!
                  However......
                  Being the D**K I am, Im not so sure Id do the same! If my Lad was in that deep the first thing going would be HIS bike and HIS toys to make things work. Heck If it was the wifey Her azz would be on the corner in High heels and bright red lipstick B-4 My Kat ever seen a 4-sale sign near it! LoL

But seriously Good on ya meng! Do what ya gotta do. But stick around, no need to leave so suddenly. Its not only about the bike you own ( or used to own) Most of it is about the friendships you make! Hope all goes well in your situation!
                  Joker
                  The newest addition to the Family!
                  sigpic
                  stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Good luck!!
                    This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
                    BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

Hope you find a buyer for the kat in the near future. I'm sure the next bike, whatever it will be will kick azz.

Comment

sorry to hear that man, I love my family but i can never part with my bike because my dad bought it for me,for my birthday and asked me to never sell it, he's got cancer and is in remission right know but a promise is a promise!!!enough said GOOOOOOOOOOD Luck.

Comment

Hang around, Billybob...I stayed on here for a half year after selling my Kat and keeping my cruiser, a thing some here may consider worse than no bike at all...j/king---but do stay.
                          Last edited by zuma; 04-08-2010, 08:49 PM.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Well it seems the KAT gods are with me....Or someone here has some pull.....
                            First, since my daughter is shipping out to Afghanistan in 2 weeks, the courts decided to give a little. She isn't getting hit with a DUI, accident or leaving the scene. Instead, the DA spoke with her commander and she is getting demoted by 1 level for one year, and all they are charging her with reckless driving, and she has to pay for damages to replace a road sign. Her unit is prolly going to hit her up with something too.
                            Now for the attorney.... His bill is about $9500.... I forgot that I signed up for a bonus program at work...So that took care of most of the lawyers fees...the rest I can do without selling the Kat. WHEW!!!

Thanks for all the well wishes guys. Something worked that made it all fall into place. I am still on the road!

Comment

This comes as no surprise to me, Billybob. It's a good world,eh?

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Working...
                              X