X

Quick question.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question.

How much gas is left in the tank that won't drain out?

I have been having trouble getting my bike to run and today I wanted to prime (as in paint) my tank. Well there was half a gallon or more that wouldn't come out with the petcock in prime and leaning over. Is this correct or is my petcock not working correctly?
    Last edited by Ilovemyvtx; 03-27-2010, 10:20 PM.
    Katie - 91 Kat 600, 98 Bandit 600 engine, Ivan Jet Kit, Ignition Advancer, Gsxr 750 header, Delkevic slip on, Veypor computer.

Not working correctly...

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

That little gas? Rock the tank back and forth and side to side. Could be it's hung up in the baffles..

Comment

I did, I had it kinda sideways and only was getting a drip. I took it out, drained gas, took petcock apart, and didn't see any reason why it wouldn't come out.

So I looked at the petcock sticky again... I guess it wouldn't hurt to buy a rebuild kit to see if that works...

where is the best place to buy one. I'm not getting good reviews from OBB. Any members sell them?
        Last edited by Ilovemyvtx; 03-27-2010, 10:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        Katie - 91 Kat 600, 98 Bandit 600 engine, Ivan Jet Kit, Ignition Advancer, Gsxr 750 header, Delkevic slip on, Veypor computer.

Comment

oldbikebarn.com has this one for your bike...

Suzuki GSX600/GSX750 Katana Petcock Rebuild Kit

#87-292489 K&L(18-2767)

Fuel Petcock rebuild/Repair kit. Contains enough parts to rebuild 1 petcock. More info...

Availability: 0
          Price:
          $22.95
          Retail Price:
          $27.95

Comment

Carbkitscapital.com have them as well.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Georgefix on ebay has them to i have ordered several times from him great service and the rebuild kit worked great
              1990 kat 600 sigpic

Comment

Update: Well I took apart the petcock again. It was very clean and nothing looked like it needed to be replaced.

The problem was the piston? that seals the fuel off was stuck from sitting I guess. I broke it free. It now moves freely when I put a vacuum on it and in prime. I will save the kit for a day when I have $20 to blow.

Comment

Working...
                X