X

Fuel filter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel filter?

Anyone here have a fuel filter for a pre up for grabs?

cant post in wanted or for sale yet...
    "How about you come over to Myspace and Twitter my Yahoo until I Google all over your Facebook"

They weren't designed with one, I don't use one but I know others have found something to work.
    Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

there's supposed to be one inside the tank attached to the petcock.... its in the service manual.
      "How about you come over to Myspace and Twitter my Yahoo until I Google all over your Facebook"

Comment

Originally posted by *fraeon* View Post
        there's supposed to be one inside the tank attached to the petcock.... its in the service manual.
        The stock pre petcock did have a screen on it... It's not available seperatly that I'm aware of... it was glued on from the factory.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

i was actually about to post that same picture.... any ideas on what to do? mine is missing.

good recommendations on inline fuel filters?

also how do you hook up the 2 brass fuel fittings?

only reason i ask is because when i got my bike only one was hooked up, the one facing the rear. the vacuum was not hooked up to it.
          Last edited by *fraeon*; 03-22-2010, 10:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Well, depends on the bike you have. (more info please... )

For my bike, there is a fuel linie for each of the brass fuel ports on the petcock, that connect to the carbs, bottom side... between sets 1-2 and 3-4.

I think the 88-89 600s might have only one?

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

it is an 88 600, california model, with all emissions stuff removed.

Comment

it is an 88 600, california model, with all emissions stuff removed.
                You should have a single fuel line setup then from the petcock (as that model only had one fuel outlet on the petcock).

Looks like there was an inline fuel filter on those as well from the microfiche... That would work just as well I suppose for larger stuff. Just get a high flow filter if you do.. Not a paper filter.

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Comment

any recommendations for the filter? also, i have a petcock for a non-cali model, so should i just block/plug the 2nd fuel fitting on it?

Comment

any recommendations for the filter? also, i have a petcock for a non-cali model, so should i just block/plug the 2nd fuel fitting on it?

Just that it's high flow, and not made of paper for the filter.

Sounds like someone put another petcock on the bike than the stock one. Yes, you can just plug off on side or the other... doesn't matter witch. Just make sure it doesn't leak.

Krey
                    93 750 Kat

Comment

dont go with a paper filter
                      go with a hi flo type... they wont restrict fuel flow at all, the down side is they also dont filter out fine debris like the paper ones do. But they work well enough to keep sand and crap out of the float valves
                      98 GSX750F
                      95 Honda VT600 vlx
                      08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Working...
                      X