X

My bike now runs better with a K&N air filter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My bike now runs better with a K&N air filter

Yup, that's the truth! I pulled out the Engo oem air filter and found that it was leaking at the base, so I threw in the K&N that was sitting on the shelf.
    I see something called "Hiflofilter" in the DK catalog- are they any good, or are they crappy like Emgo?

I'll be it will run better still with a properly installed and functioning OEM air filter.

Comment

Hiflofiltro is cheap, very cheap. Im sure it wont be awful, but I wouldnt put one on my bike.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I ran a K&N for more than 2 seasons , pulled it out because I thought it may be part of a problem
        It wasnt , and I will put it back in
        Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by Staerke View Post
          I'll be it will run better still with a properly installed and functioning OEM air filter.
          Yeah, I know. i just found a site with a genuine Suzuki air filter for sale. I'd like to do something creative with that K&N, like turn it into a pencil holder or something.

Comment

Somewhere....Arsenic just had a stroke.
            2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
            BMC Notorious 918 HT
            2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

Originally posted by CenCalKat View Post
              I thought that too

Comment

I don't think he would. A K&N air filter is better than an Emgo that leaks air between the element and the base, plus the fact that I have a genuine suzuki air filter on the way would surely bring a smile to his face!

Comment

Nah, he would just rather bluntly say something to the effect of....

butt dyno tells you nothing, but that your crap before was worse than the crap in it now... just imagine how well it would run if it was fixed right!

Krey
                  93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Then again, if I clean my K&N real well, I might be able to use it as some sort of flower pot!
                    Last edited by DClark; 03-21-2010, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                      Nah, he would just rather bluntly say something to the effect of....

butt dyno tells you nothing, but that your crap before was worse than the crap in it now... just imagine how well it would run if it was fixed right!

Krey
                      Wow...spot on!

Nice!
                      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                      Originally posted by soulless kaos
                      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

(I like my K&N's, PIA to tune, but that is why man made the five gas analyzer)
                        Originally posted by arsenic
                        93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Hiflofiltro are made to OEM spec and are the ONLY filter supported by Suzuki as an alternative replacement. Hiflofiltro actually manufacture OE filters for many Kawasaki, Suzuki, Honda and Yamaha motorcycles

Emgo are garbage
                          98 GSX750F
                          95 Honda VT600 vlx
                          08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Working...
                          X