X

Katana Hater

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suzukiray View Post
    My Katana gets nothing but respect. Of course, mine is an 83 Katana 1100 & is a REAL Katana!!! Ray.

Ahh a REAL katana, they are much cooler than the more common fake katana.

Comment

Originally posted by GJPKATANA03 View Post
      I rode my bike to work today and a co-worker (who has a GSX-R 750) asked me " why did you buy a can of tuna ". This isn't the first time I have heard people call katana's that but now that I own one I was a little upset. I have had GSX-R's,CBR's and YZF's I explained and now that I have metal in my leg from a 16yr. old kid pulling out in front of me on my bike in 07 I went away from the race bikes. Main reason was with the metal and screws in my ankle make me have limited deflection and can't have my leg bent back to far or I can't shift. That's why I chose the Katana because I remember the 1994 600 I had in 97 that was comftorble,good power and a smooth engine. I explained this to the individule and he still hated the bike. I don't get it. I guess all that matters is I can ride it with my bad leg and still feel like Im on a full blown race bike but it still bothers me how people put these great motorcycles down. Anyone else encounter a hater ?
      Yeah i did about 2 months ago, some tard kids starting to talk crap at a bar about the suzukis that my friend and i were driving he has a bandit 1200, the kids were driving little ninjas so i turn around and told them that if i had the body of a 15 year old girl i would also fit into a ninja, + i was the one driving the Kat not them, i guess they didnt like the answer and got a bit mad, now i guess it comes with age or some people are just stupid, im 6'1" 245 my friend is 6'6" 255 both ex military, this kids where no older then 24 probably 160 lbs each 3 of them and still they tried to take us on, well as you can imagine i think the hate katanas and suzuki overall more now.

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post
        Isn't the best in any one category but can perform reasonably well in all categories...well, I guess with the exception of 'dirt bike'. I never tried.
        It does better than you'd think

Comment

Originally posted by Free Coffee View Post
          Try this...

Let them get as far as- "why'd you buy a can'a"
          And then just pull your leg back and kick them in the balls.
          This is great. I get some crap for still riding a katana but most of it is from people that started on a katana. I just cant afford the payment and the insurance on the hayabusa that I really want. Oh well. One of my friends pays 800 a year for liability only on his GSXR 750 and I only pay 300 for full coverage above the state minimum with roadside assistance for a year on my kat 750, and my bike is paid off, And is comfortable to ride all day.

Dannyj
          Last edited by innocentbp; 04-19-2010, 09:54 PM.
          1999 Katana 750 K&N filter, Yoshi slip-on, 2nd LED strobe brake light, white LED driving lights mounted on the front reflector bracket, amber LED strobes for PGR missions and funerals, American and PGR Flag mount. Because its the right thing to do!

Comment

I hate Katana haters!!
            It's not considered cheating if it's a motorcycle, right???

2006 Katana 750

Comment

I never really thought that's what people thought about Katanas until I went to the Toronto Bike show a couple of weekends ago. I went to a booth selling sportbike accessories and was looking at the rubbery keychains with all the common model logos. I pointed down the table, and said, "Nope, not there." The guy at the booth asked what I was looking for, and when I said Katana, he snorted and said they only carried stuff for real bikes.

Wow.

2006 Katana 750
              2001 Katana 750 (Deerhunter)
              2003 Mercury Marauder

Comment

Man, I wish I had a buck for every one of these types of threads on here....lol

I just have to make sure I have my boots on before I start reading...LMFAO

Comment

My cuz has an 04 gsxr1000 mega tricked. very killer. He just saw my lil beater today and said "man thats a good lookin bike" Then proceeded to give me his originl front turns. Dont know if Ill use um yet but the gesture was nice lol Sooo not all R bikers hate the kats ohohoh and it may be just here but I got the biker wave from 99% of every1 I passed today Includeing lil import tuners :P I love my lil KAT
                  Judge us not the scavengers that persecute humanity..

Comment

rly old thread...

But yes, Ive got that from a couple people.. One was in a bar in town, the guy seen it in my parents driveway a few times where I use to have my old ninja 500. He said to me "That's not much of an upgrade, why the hell would you get a katana?" I said "well, main reason is insurance, Ill buy a gsxr if u pay my insurance" This guy is someone who has rich parents that have always bought him everything whenever n well pretty much gets a free way thru one of the hard parts of life (getting started). I almost just punched him in the nose when he first said it... But then I said "Why, what kind of bike you ride" his response was typical and says "nothing, but I did have a gsxr..." so I asked "where it is now?" he responds with another retard answer something a long the lines of "to many speeding tickets, I drove that thing at 200kph wherever I went." ppl like that **** me right off.

I love my katana... I look for a bike to get next and I can never seem to find anything I'd want more... I may get another katana some day. Probably get a bigger motor to go in my current katana... But all in all my bike is good for me the way it is... Sure SS bikes r damn sexy but rly Ive come to love the katana's looks to..
                    My Bike/Project:
                    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=114782

Comment

I can certainly see WHY the Katana gets a lot of negative comments. Compared to modern sport bike and modern engineering the 1985 platform the Katana engine is based on, really is a dinosaur. With that said, I know a great deal about bikes in general, I understand why, that doesn't mean I agree. First off when some 18 year old kid says something negative about a Kat, because mommy and daddy bought him a new GSXR, that bugs me. There are two ways to look at this. If you compare a Katana to a modern crotch rocket (cause it looks like a crotch rocket right?) It is absolutely horrible in comparison. If you look at the Katana from a design standpoint, what Suzuki made it to be. THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT IT IS! A sport touring bike, that can handle 600 miles a day. It's capable for anything (except off road ) but it doesn't excel at anything. It's bulletproof in design, it's a VERY capable machine.

Comment

Remember, it's not WHAT you ride, it's THAT you ride.

Comment

Rode the Kat for 2 years and then bought the GSXR last year. I see quite alot of Kats around and always wish they were going the same way as i am to talk about the Kat. Great bikes for what they are (agree with Arsenic) but i love my GSXR the comfort is fine for me (5'10 180lbs) only difference is the wind. And I only pay $34 a month full coverage. For the right price i'd buy another Kat.

'06 GSXR 750

Comment

i think its funny when guys with their r6s,gixxers,cbrs and other ss bikes talk down how bad the katana is. then when you ask when did you ride one they cant give you a straight answer and make up something about they knew someone who owned one and they didnt like it. When i first got my bike i had ran into a guy at work who rides a Vstrom and asked what i rode. when i told him i had a Kat he was like wow those are great bikes all around. i asked why he said that and he replied he had owned one for 5yrs before getting a VStrom. He even said most ppl who dont like kats are ones who never owned or rode one long enough to see why its a good bike. He does alot of touring in the summer and said it was one of the most comfortable bikes hes rode for long distance trips. He said next time someone talks bad about the kat ask them how long theyve been riding. chances are if their current bike is a 600 ss bike of some sort their first bike was probabaly a ninja 250 and their second bike was a 600 ss bike cuz they saw everyone else has one. I have to give it to that guy since he was an older guy in his 50's and has been riding for years. for him to enjoy the katana and own it for that long shows that he really like the kat. He only got the Vstrom cuz he had so many miles racked up on the kat and needed some change.

Comment

anyone ever hates on a kat show them kwebbles http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=73396 , mine http://katriders.com/vb/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=5694 , or waltari's old kat http://www.matthewcastor.com/frankenkat/ or arsenics dream project http://www.freewebs.com/arsenic1016/index.htm

all of those except waltari's was,is or going to be over 130hp
                              Chrome Project Part 1
                              http://www.freewebs.com/mreedohio/

Chrome Project Part 2

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Chrome Project Part 3
                              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192&page=30

Chrome Project Finished
                              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=107586

Comment

never compair your bike to a RacingSS...its pointless...think of it as a touringSS! its comfy and quick for its purpose!
                                03/03/2010 - got 99 Kat 750 ,881 miles,blue, STOCK.
                                04/03/2010 - 2069 miles. Burley frame sliders, mesh mod, carbs overhauled.
                                08/05/2010 - 8562 Miles, SS lines, shovel del., int. brake light
                                10/08/2010 - 9862 miles, GSXR cams, futomo Valve
                                05/22/2011- 11884 Miles, -GSXR cams -Futomo Valve +advancer

Comment

Working...
                                X