No announcement yet.
X

What brand oil filter for a 750 pre

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll hack open a Napa powersport (Wix) if anyone has interest in seeing the guts of it....

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
    You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

OK, I'll do the fram..

Comment

What's the PT# for the WIX / NAPA filter?

Comment

PS1359...for the NAPA Powersport line or just 1359 for a NAPA Gold filter, but the powersport line is designed specifically for smaller/powersport engines

You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

K&N

Comment

Here's a link to the dissection of a Purolator ML16818 to go along with the rest of them on the calsci website.

A forum community dedicated to all Suzuki Strom owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, modifications, troubleshooting, purchasing, reviews, accessories, maintenance, and more!

Any opinions?

Comment

Originally posted by teddy View Post
                I'll hack open a Napa powersport (Wix) if anyone has interest in seeing the guts of it....
                No real need is there?

Pics
                Pics
                No pics yet
                Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Since his reviews are several years old, it might be worthwhile to see if they are still the same build quality
                  -Steve

sigpic
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                  Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

that's not a powersport filter either, it's a standard napa gold...I'm bored anyway, i'll cut one and get pics in the next day or so....

they are made in Gastonia, NC, so at least they are US made...
                    Last edited by teddy; 03-17-2010, 12:13 PM.

Comment

I can't help but ask, for you riders that use only oem, do you think Suzuki makes those filters? Last time I checked (2-3 years) Hi-Flo was designated manufacturer. I got an 'Ole Guzzi with over 100k ain't got no stinking filter. I've been around the Beemer crowd 25-30 years; they swear by BMW plugs, uh-- their made by NGK. Whatever gets you down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                        Since his reviews are several years old, it might be worthwhile to see if they are still the same build quality
                        I guess the real winners are those of us with cartrige oil filters. I get to see exactly what the filter media looks like before and after. KLR FTW.
                        Pics
                        Pics
                        No pics yet
                        Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Originally posted by Timan View Post
                          I can't help but ask, for you riders that use only oem, do you think Suzuki makes those filters? Last time I checked (2-3 years) Hi-Flo was designated manufacturer. I got an 'Ole Guzzi with over 100k ain't got no stinking filter. I've been around the Beemer crowd 25-30 years; they swear by BMW plugs, uh-- their made by NGK. Whatever gets you down the road.
                          Well when it comes to Suzuki filters, there is not a vast interchange like other makes have.

So if you compare the other existing filters we can use, and how much they cost, and compare it to the OEM Suzuki filter, you mine as well use OEM.

Comment

Yea ctandc, that's how I found out about the Hi-Flo. I went for a filter for my TL1000S and they were out. 'Zuki rep. happened to be there and told me about the alternative.

Comment

Working...
                            X