Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hardlydangerous View Post
    Craftsman tools are so cheap its not funny
    Originally posted by kevin2502000 View Post
    I'm not so sure about the good steel part, I seem to break plenty of newer craftsman tools. The older definitely were better quality.
    Well I bought my first set of Craftsman tools a while ago, now that I think on it was over 20 years ago. Except for some that Marc gave me last year any "new" tools have been from my dad's collection and they would date back 30 to 50 years... In all that time I have only broken one, I stripped out a ratchet handle. That isn't just weekend mechanic work that was using them in my 9-5 job too. I can't comment on anything newer..

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
      Well I bought my first set of Craftsman tools a while ago, now that I think on it was over 20 years ago. Except for some that Marc gave me last year any "new" tools have been from my dad's collection and they would date back 30 to 50 years... In all that time I have only broken one, I stripped out a ratchet handle. That isn't just weekend mechanic work that was using them in my 9-5 job too. I can't comment on anything newer..
      Im a professional mechanic and the majority of my stuff is Craftsman. I gave up on Craftsman rachets, I broke four this year alone, now I only use Matco. My sockets are 50% Craftsman and 40% MAC and 10% Snap on/Matco. Most of them were purchased in the last 10 years. I break probaly more MAC than I do Craftsman, but the again Ive got a habit of shattering Snap-On too. Id say Matco has the best tools, but for the price you cant beat Craftsman, and when I break one, I can run down the street and get it replaced instead of waiting for the tool truck to come around.

The MAC truck went out of business around me so I have a whole box of broken tools that need to be sent to corporate to get replaced.
      Originally posted by arsenic
      93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post

And the deal with any Craftsman product is that are hardly ever made consistently by the same manufacturer. They put out bids and the lowest bidder gets the product. Most people don't realize Craftsman is merely a repackaged name of another company, not Sears "own" brand. Sometimes the drills are made by B&D one year and then RYobi the next. No consistency.
        Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

i just bought a socket and extension for less than 8 bux from advanced auto parts .. pretty simple

Comment

i weant to lowes and got a regular 18 mm deepwell. work perfectly. i can tell you now autozone doesnt carry one that fits, that was my problem, sparkplug socket nor the regular deepwell.. most of the time your higher end sockets are thinnerwalled. they all differ though.
            sigpicwww.violationmotorcyclegear.com
            www.dfwsportbikes.org

Comment

Working...
            X