1 year older and wiser...Not

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 year older and wiser...Not

This year I'm going to ride smarter...
    Got the Kat out, it fired up perfectly, tire pressure good, brakes good, gear on, lights all working, I even check the horn and chain.

The roads have a bit sand left over from winter so I think to myself just take it easy...ya right...15 minutes into the ride, open stretch of road and the speed limit is history.

I love my bike...
    Blackdog
    DRz-400e plated
    Blue 05 750 (sold, sob)

He he, we all know the feeling
    2002 GSXF 750

Comment

Originally posted by yngveny View Post
      He he, we all know the feeling

and we live for it.......
      The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'

Comment

When I wrecked I said I would never ride again. 2 months later I was gearing up to ride on my new Kat telling myself I would stay slow. 10 minutes later I found out what amnesia feels like.....I forgot to keep her under 100 .
        Solve two of the worlds problems: Feed the homeless to the hungry.

Comment

Haha...
          man it was nice out the last couple days eh!

I said the same thing. I'll ride cruisers until im mature enough to ride sport bikes again. 12 years later and im still worse then ever.
          for some reason I just cant seen to ride for a day without at least a few clutch ups in 1st or 2nd lol
          98 GSX750F
          95 Honda VT600 vlx
          08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Awesome!
            I feel the same way every time I start my ride I always tell myself to just take it easy and enjoy the scenery, but then the faster I go the better everything looks lol You'd think at 45 years old I'd be starting to grow up but then again NEVER!
            2003 Katana 750F
            1986 VFR 700F

Comment

Originally posted by Fastymz View Post
              Awesome!
              I feel the same way every time I start my ride I always tell myself to just take it easy and enjoy the scenery, but then the faster I go the better everything looks lol You'd think at 45 years old I'd be starting to grow up but then again NEVER!
              Check this guy out...... I watched a movie about him a couple of days ago...... awesome.... and an ispiration to all of us over 40.....50...60.... take your pick.
              http://www.motorcyclemuseum.org/halloffame/hofbiopage.asp?id=381
              sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
              ------------------------------------------
              89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
              96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
                Check this guy out...... I watched a movie about him a couple of days ago...... awesome.... and an ispiration to all of us over 40.....50...60.... take your pick.
                http://www.motorcyclemuseum.org/halloffame/hofbiopage.asp?id=381
                Thanks thats a great story an inspiration for sure! My father in law rides who is 68 years old he rides a Triumph sprint ST 955 and he has real bad arthritis but still gets out there and rides like a teenager.
                2003 Katana 750F
                1986 VFR 700F

Comment

That's what's nice about being able to ride year round in the valley, no spring fever.
                  How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
                  How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
                  How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
                  How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Got the itch hun?
                    Be Carefull
                    Too old to dream, too young to reason...
                    I am fond of my rough edges.
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for sharing that story. I have heard of the movie but never watched it. Now I will for sure.
                      Solve two of the worlds problems: Feed the homeless to the hungry.

Comment

Last weeks weather here completely blew me away! Bright Sunny Darn there into the 60s at points. There was no way I wasnt heading out and putting a few miles on the ole girl. Im pretty sure She felt the same. She fired right up and ran like a raped ape! Now were expecting cold & 2-4 inches of rain this weekend and all I can do Is sit N wait. Come On SUMMER!!!
                        Joker
                        The newest addition to the Family!
                        sigpic
                        stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

I am way past the itch, i'v got a rash! lol, that sounds wrong on so many levels lol

Comment

Yea, I told myself I wasn"t goin out till I put a new chain the kat. After hearing all the guys goin up the street n the warm days goin by I was at the local shop getting a new master link to my old chain. Off I went and a ride that supposed to be up the back road for a couple corners n back turned into a 3 hr trip. lol
                            Just joined a couple months ago. Now I'm hooked.

Comment

Working...
                            X