X

gauges dead

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gauges dead

i ride a lot through the rain and i think i may have messed something up.
    the speedo tach and fuel gauge are not liking up. the neutral light oil light and turn signals all don't work now. along with the throttle side heated hand grips.
    suggestions.
    Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
    Tony
    94 Katana 600

Fuse? Check the little bulbs for corrosion and the wires too. Headlight OK?
    sigpic

Comment

Try cleaning all the electrical connectors and then applying dielectric grease to all connection points. CP recommended this, and it has helped me a lot as I had some issues after riding in the rain as well. Have since been in several downpours and no problems.
      "When you work on your mysterious lady part stuff, you should have the right tools, too. That's why you should use Maypax. The official tampon of NASCAR." Ricky Bobby

sigpic

Comment

Your 10A "turn signal" fuse is blown

Mick M
        Futurama: I Dated a Robot (#3.15)
        "I am Lucy Liu. Give me your spines."

Comment

i keep hearing about this dielectric grease but i can't find any..... let me gues it's at walmart....
          Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
          Tony
          94 Katana 600

Comment

At autozone you usually buy it in small disposable packets (usually at the registers or near the light bulbs), but they also sell a small can (contains an aerosol to push it out of the can).

Comment

Any auto parts store will have it.
              -Steve

sigpic
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

The infamous WD-40 is a quick fix to displace moisture until you can do it right.

Comment

Same Deal

I had the same issues with my 99 Kat - I was under warranty so I took her in. The 10A fuse was blown and would blow randomly which lead me to belive there was a floating point ground. They got to the wiring harness and found a few wires had been warn down to the copper which was ground out randomly on the frame. They replaced the harness to resolve it however you can simply cover them up with electrical tape and secure them down with zip ties for a fix on the cheap if you find the same issue.

Comment

I just fixed the same thing. Bike kept blowing fuses.I went through the bike and found a wire was rubbing against the tank. Taped it up,no problems so far.
                    sigpic

RIP CP
                    50th Anniv R6
                    95 Katana 600
                    http://www.assfaultjunkies.com/index.php

Comment

There are several spots where the wiring has no protective plastic covering and can/will rub on the frame and short out.
                      most common is down on the rear brake switch wiring and around the fuel tank/steering head. check the harness and repair any damaged wires and go buy some wire loom to help protect it in the future
                      98 GSX750F
                      95 Honda VT600 vlx
                      08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

worked last night and today so i,ve got to get to it tomorrow.... but i check it out.
                        Tony
                        94 Katana 600

Comment

Working...
                        X