X

gsx600f "race bike"?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gsx600f "race bike"?

I was wondering what everyone paid for insurance on their Kat? I called the insurance company today to add mine and she said they couldn't cover it because it is a race bike. They covered my 08 ninja 250 last year no problem. I know it was just a 250 but i didn't consider either one a "race bike" anyone else had any problems with this?

While I don't have my Kat yet, still running a '89 Ninja 250, when I talked with the ins. co. (state farm) they put it in the same class as the Ninja 500, and the GS500. I think they only go by engine size.
    Tony
    1997 Yamaha Seca II - mostly stock, Racetech upgraded forks, FZ6R rear shock, Oxford Sports Style Heated Grips, Barkbusters Blizzard Cold Weather Handguards, a Scottoiler vSystem chain oiler. My Mileage Tracker Page

Comment

I pay less than 100 bucks a year, through nationwide, I would shop around a bit man.
      Needs an anger powered jetpack.

Comment

yeah I am going to make some calls today. the funny thing is I almost bought a bandit and they quoted me like $16.50 full coverage a month. So I didn't even bother calling and getting a quote on the Kat before buying it.

Comment

Did you give them the vin # of the bike? Just calling them and telling them what you have may be getting misconstrued as a gsxr over the phone....

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
          You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

i pay $130 yearly

Comment

Originally posted by teddy View Post
              Did you give them the vin # of the bike? Just calling them and telling them what you have may be getting misconstrued as a gsxr over the phone....
              +1

Ran into this many times...

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by teddy View Post
                Yeah make sure they know its a GSXF I made that mistake and got quoted way to much for my bike.
                Your damned if you do, and your damned if you don't (Bart Simpson)

Comment

I did give the vin# that was what flagged it was when she put it in. If it begins whith JS it is a race bike according to them.

Comment

Originally posted by ReynoldsWrap View Post
                    I did give the vin# that was what flagged it was when she put it in. If it begins whith JS it is a race bike according to them.

JS1, or the first 3 of the vin =

Japan
                    Suzuki
                    1 motorcycle

So she's saying any motorycle made in japan by suzuki is a race bike?...

I don't think she know's what she's talking about.

Krey
                    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Maybe I should call her back and tell her that is what it means.

Comment

Originally posted by ReynoldsWrap View Post
                        Maybe I should call her back and tell her that is what it means.
                        I think I would call her back and ask why every other insurance agency out there considers this bike a "sport touring" bike, not a race bike.

And if she can't come up with a better rate... I'd just look else where. I pay $45 a year or so for minimal coverage.

Krey
                        93 750 Kat

Comment

I have come across certain companies tha won't cover sport or sport touring bikes. You just need to shop around.

Comment

i pay 57 a month with full coverage with Allstate and mine is a 06 kat 600 and the color is red. now i think color plays a role in price too, but im not sure.

Comment

Well I called her back and she is going to check and see if it is getting mixed up with the gsxr. It is American Family that is saying this. I just dont understand why they will cover a bandit and a ninja but not a katana. To me it seems like they wouldn't cover any of them or they would cover all of them.
                              Last edited by ReynoldsWrap; 03-09-2010, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X