X

Son of a......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Son of a......

Finally got my out for a ride yesterday!
    Me and a buddy went for a nice cruise and stopped at place to shoot some pool.

It was then that he said, 'Hey, where's your license plate?"

My first reaction was like, yeah, ha, ok......then I looked and saw it was gone!
    And I had JUST chopped off the fender
    Picture 007.jpg

and made a bracket for the plate and signals
    Picture 009.jpg

a week or so prior

Ohh, and the kicker of it all is....I just renewed my plate Saturday......got a whole 50 miles or so on it.....
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'

Um.... you dropped something.

:

Lock nuts... does wonders.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Damn.......That sucks. Report it soon as possible and get a duplicate! Measure twice-cut once...
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post

Krey

Word......lol chalk it up in the experience column I suppose (or lack thereof)

but on a positive note, I didn't have any LEO's show up asking me to remove my plate from someone's grill or windshield
        Last edited by BoarderBry; 03-08-2010, 04:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'

Comment

Very first fender eliminator I made I lost my plate (back in the 90's). I over build now..

Comment

I lost mine on my first ride (>20 miles) when I got the Kat. Forunately when I got home I remembered the location I was at when I heard a weird sound. Drove the cage back to the spot about 40 minutes away and found the plate laying in the middle of the road, ran over several times.

I took most of the bends out of it and put it back on the Kat in honor. Even today with the Kat looking nice I still look at that plate and remember how lucky I was that day.
            -2000 "750"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
              Um.... you dropped something.

:

Krey

+1
              sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
              ------------------------------------------
              89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
              96 YZF 1000R

Comment

I usually use zip ties instead of bolts, because they tend to work better. They cant get shaken off with vibration. I still have the plate from my first bike, and I plan on transfering them to my kat, which I'm hopefully getting this weekend. I'd like to keep the same plates my entire riding career if possible.

Comment

That sucks dude
                  1999 Katana 750

Comment

lol i did the fenderelimantor for noobs thats posted on here and one of the 2 screws that hld on the entire signal an dplate assembally came of luckill 1 screw stayed tight, replace the whole thing with 1'' bolts and locknights.... i feel much better now

Comment

Loctite is your friend. Take it from someone who owns a Buell and a KLR.
                      Pics
                      Pics
                      No pics yet
                      Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

that sucks, good luck

Comment

just got my new plate and tabs......$5 no holla....

Comment

why does eveyone remove the rear shovel?
                            98 GSX750F Kat
                            07 GSF1250S Bandit (her's)

Comment

Originally posted by deadeye211 View Post
                              why does eveyone remove the rear shovel?
                              Because it looks nasty.
                              Pics
                              Pics
                              No pics yet
                              Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Working...
                              X